Ruger #1 416 Remington For Sale

Catahoula

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I had this up for sale back in January, but decided to hang on to it. I've fired it once since then, so I've once again decided to let it go.

Used, in excellent shape overall. This has been hunted and has minor marks. There is a small spot of bluing worn away from the gun rack on the PH's truck. I tried to show in the pics. 30mm quick detach rings and Bushnell 6500 1.25-8. I also have two boxes Norma 450 grain Woodleigh soft ammo (10 rounds each), 1 box federal premium with 400 grain trophy bonded bear claw, and 8 rounds of Remington with 400 grain Swift A frame. All ammo has been opened, and the Norma's travelled to Africa with me, but it is all factory ammo. I also have a set of Lee dies available. I'd make a good deal on the ammo and dies to the purchaser of the rifle.

Rifle and rings: $825
Rifle with scope: $1050
Shipping included to lower 48.

Open to trades for a quality O/U or SXS, preferably 12 ga.

IMG_3156.JPG
IMG_3157.JPG
IMG_3158.JPG
IMG_3159.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a number of sxs and a couple of over and under.
One is a older Beretta, very good shape 12ga. It has many tubes for different patterns, also drilled holes for gas release on top and sides, I believe that would be a good trade, also have two English sxs, in 12 ga.2&5/8, one Damascus and one blue steel.
Both purchased from the same Gunsmith in London,England, and very nice engraving. Both in Excellent shape. Also have a
Eibar,Spain custom with heavy engraving, beautiful piece.
I can send pictures if there is any interest.

I personally have no use for a 1H in .416 Rem. But this appears to be good deal for someone that does. Nicer than normal wood also!

Nice looking wood! Good luck

It is good looking wood and that's a very good price for the rifle!

Lets try $775 for rifle and rings, $1000 with scope.

One last shot at $725 for rifle/rings and $950 with for AH members only, then off to auction!

Excellent price folks

I am stunned this rifle did not sell here, especially at that price!

Well its that wonderful caliber .416 Rem, too new and exciting for some people.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. I know no 416 Rigby. Wonderful gun, I have that caliber in Win. Model 70.;)

its .416 Rem, too new and exciting for some people.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guilty! I follow the rule of thumb, never hunt with a cartridge younger than you.

Guilty! I follow the rule of thumb, never hunt with a cartridge younger than you.

I understand that! My main hunting rifles are a 30-06 and an 8mm Remington magnum. The 8mm doesn't qualify as older then me, it cam out during my high school years. However, reading all of the praise from Boddington and others in the gun rags of the time made it my "some day" caliber. When one came up for sale on here prior to my first safari, I had to have it! If the 416 doesn't sell, I may stick it in the back of the safe for a re-barrel to one of the Nitro Express cartridges. You never know when another buffalo hunt is in the cards.

I wonder if you could ream that existing chamber to 500-416, change the extractor, and go hunting?

I wonder if you could ream that existing chamber to 500-416, change the extractor, and go hunting?
I think you could do that. If I ever but a double it will be a 500-416

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg