Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I'm with @spike.t on this one... These proposals make no sense in the long run and it's a topic that has been discussed at length for a long time, the fact of the matter is that a ban is totally unsustainable. Hunting should go hand in hand with conservation, I am yet to meet the hunter that does not care for conservation and that does not love being out in the bush....

It is merely WAP prodding the issue in order to drum up donations to their bank account. Like every single bleeding heart foundation their proposals are based on fairy dust and not on facts. Unfortunately the majority of the global population these days live by emotion and feelings and not on fact.

Pressure will be brought to bare on the government and small gains will be made by these idiots. The gains they "win" will be a loss of the environment and wildlife.

It is merely WAP prodding the issue in order to drum up donations to their bank account. Like every single bleeding heart foundation their proposals are based on fairy dust and not on facts. Unfortunately the majority of the global population these days live by emotion and feelings and not on fact.

Pressure will be brought to bare on the government and small gains will be made by these idiots. The gains they "win" will be a loss of the environment and wildlife.
Look what happened in Kenya when they banned hunting. Hopefully wiser heads will prevail.

The campaign develops further.

The one saving grace in South Africa is that the politicians are so corrupt that they will never allow something to be banned if they have their fingers in that pie.

Flip side is that maybe they see a future opportunity to make money out of photographic safaris etc...

The one saving grace in South Africa is that the politicians are so corrupt that they will never allow something to be banned if they have their fingers in that pie.

Flip side is that maybe they see a future opportunity to make money out of photographic safaris etc...
There will be nothing to photograph other then goats and cattle. Wild game will be removed to make way for something to generate an income.

No amateur photographer is going to pay big bucks to visit isolated areas and spend time in the deep bush, mud, ticks, mossies. Only hunters. Well managed trophy hunting creates value for animals. No hunting and local people will just look at the value of the meat. With well managed trophy hunting the animals are worth much more alive. I was booked for an elephant hunt in Limpopo next month but permit was canceled so will go look for other game instead.

The campaign develops further.

The UK government as far as I know never went through with the banning of trophy imports...so as usual inaccurate shite spouted.....but there is a big anti hunting movement in SA....remember when they wanted to cull elephant in kruger Park few years ago.....massive adverts taken out in new media telling people about it and saying don't come to SA on holiday.....the culling was shelved.....so who knows how it will go in a few years....the main hunting population there is a minority.....and a big urbanised population.....

The UK government as far as I know never went through with the banning of trophy imports...so as usual inaccurate shite spouted.....but there is a big anti hunting movement in SA....remember when they wanted to cull elephant in kruger Park few years ago.....massive adverts taken out in new media telling people about it and saying don't come to SA on holiday.....the culling was shelved.....so who knows how it will go in a few years....the main hunting population there is a minority.....and a big urbanised population.....
My worst nightmare flight from US to RSA a few years ago when I had to sit next to two of them from JNB area. Man and wife, probably 60-70ish- nasty tempered, anti-hunters. Not only rude and confrontational but smelled like a combination of pot, patchouli oil and foul BO. Such a lovely couple! Some in that group are demonstrably mentally ill! Same here in the US.

Botswana tried going that way, found it didn't work and backed off. There is still hope. Kenya lost 90% of their elephants and 70% of the other big game after they banned safari hunting. Antihunters will never learn, but we can hope that the non hunters will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaBlohm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!