RSA Elephant Hunt Available

alexm

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, International Professional Hunters Association, AMOS Mozambique
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia, Tanzania, Cameroon, Central African Republic
Dear Fellow Hunters

I would like to inform you all that McDonald Safaris still has One CITES Elephant Hunt available at Vhembe Game Reserve, RSA. (Note this hunt cannot be sub-leased)
MAILTO: alexmcdonald0@gmail.com

-Vhembe is a private nature reserve on the Limpopo river and is open to Mapungubwe National Park (RSA) and the Tuli Park (Botswana) where animals are all free roaming and ethically hunted.
The area has got many Elephant, Lion, Leopard, Crocodile and Plains-Game which are all quite relaxed due to the limited hunting in the surrounding area.
The concession is large with a beautiful camp located on a hilltop looking over the Limpopo Valley and the hunting concession. Both terrain and camp are very comfortable and welcoming for older hunters, family and friends to join.

Observer rate $250 per day per person

Elephant Hunt (1 available)
Price $38,000
Description - Elephant bulls must be mature. There is no limit to size of tusk, but the hunter can expect 25-35 Pounds.
Includes - 10 Days hunting, 10 Days accommodation, 1 CITES Elephant
(Plains Game can be hunted and added at normal trophy fees)

DSC03943.JPG

Dear friends

Herewith some more photos of the type of elephants to expect from this concession.

Regards
Alex McDonald
SAM_0596.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG

Dear Members,

I must admit I am more of a taker than a giver when it comes to contributions to this GREAT site but I just got back to NYC after a fantastic week at The Klaserie and I felt I had to share 2 lines of our experience.

My father (68 and from Southern Spain so pretty beaten up!) and I booked the 2 Elephants Sandy and Alex McDonald posted earlier in the year. We didn't know McDonald Safaris at all but I saw they were active and respected in AfricaHunting.com so we felt that was good enough.... and what a great decision it was! Hats off Jerome, this site is becoming THE place to go when looking for a no-nonsense booking.

We've had a FANTASTIC time - the McDonalds run a Top Class operation (and now friends) and everything was simply as Alex described it when we spoke over the phone. They operate on a "trust" basis and tell you things "the way they are" - which made my first Elephant hunt in the company of my father (it was his second) a very special one.

We can't thank Sandy, Tracey, Alex and the rest of the crew (from Felicia to John and Simon) enough for the past week, which marked the beginning of [yet another] long term friendship in the Old Continent.

I can't stop thinking of The Madala's face sitting in the sofa back home in Spain ... I owe you guys...
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG

Regards to All

Antonio Reyes (Jr and Sr)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to you both Antonio.
Glad you shared your report and pictures with us.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Dear Antonio

Thank you for the kind words my friend!

The entire team had a great time on safari with your father and yourself.
It is only a pleasure meeting gentlemen of your calibre and was an honor to have shared the experience with you all! Your enthusiasm rubbed of on everybody during the hunt making it a most memorable one for us!

Tracker John says he has many more stories he needs to tell you! Perhaps on the next elephant hunt or on your leopard hunt...

I look forward to seeing you again soon! Vegas or NYC for sure.

Best regards
Alex McDonald Jr

Alex,
An elephant hunt is in my future and I am trying to learn as much as I can before I start the planning process. You say one can expect 25 to 30 pound tusks for this price. Can you tell us the respective weights of the three you have posted? Does your hunt start and end in Jo berg or elsewhere? I will check out your web page. Thank you in advance for a reply.

Good day CAustin

Thank you for the response to the post.

Of the 3 elephants I have posted, 2 were right on the 30 pound mark. I have not yet received the weights of the third. Mr AReyes posted some photos of his hunt with us which finished just a few days ago in the APNR, both elephants in his photos are expected to be around the 30 pound mark.

Arrival point would either be from Johannesburg Intl. where it is a pleasant 5hr 30min drive to either of the concessions. OR one can fly to Polokwane which is 2 hours from Vhembe, or fly to Eastgate - Hoedspruit which is 30 min from the APNR concession.

I do still have quota available this year

You can also contact me @ : alexmcdonald0@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Best Regards
Alex

Antonio, Thank you so much for your post, nothing makes me happier than someone whose made great memories (with your father especially), friendships and had an exceptional time in Africa through connections made on AH. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your pictures and kind words, it is much appreciated. Congratulations to you, your father and Alex McDonald on your superb trophies and wonderful hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristinaD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!