Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
RSA,Mozambique,Zim,USA,Asia
Roughly 12hours and counting I will be leaving for my second bull Elephant hunt. Thanks to AH and the cancellation hunt posted from Ndumo safaris on a exportable Caprivi bull hunt. This trip came together in less than a month and the help of Lori at travel express on the flights. I'm hoping all go smooth on my travels. I will report on the hunt when I return.

Congrats! Good luck on your hunt.

That's awesome! Safe travels and can't wait to read the report!

Thanks so far Karl has been great to work with being out in the field hunting he has replied quick and the reports from past hunts seem good so I don't expect anything but a great trip.

Exciting! Best of luck, enjoy it, post lots of pics!!

Good Luck!

looking forward to pics and report.good luck.

Can't wait for the hunt report!

Look forward to a great hunt, this part of Namibia that you will be hunting is incredible!

jerome, any chance handguns will ever be allowed in namibia?

All the best on your safari and safe travels.

Have a great time!

Hello Uintaelkhunter.....I can feel your excitement and am happy for you! I'm hoping you have prepared for the handling of your elephant back to the USA and I would be remiss if I did not remind you of the current situation with bringing the elephant back. As of my last update with the Chief Permit Officer of USFWL and our SSI USFWL attorneys, the elephant will require an Import Permit but none are guaranteed to be issued...see the response directly to us below.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Vannorman, Tim wrote:
Afternoon, Rosella.

Hope all is well with you as well.

I know that the application form has been updated, but will need to consult with our web person to see when it will be posted. The only difference between the current form and the update one is that the current form states that no import permit is needed for Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, and Botswana (this language has been removed from the revised form) and language on the limit of two trophy imports per year was added to the revised form.

As for required information, as you are aware, we need to make a finding that the import would enhance the survival of the species in the wild. While we typically rely on the exporting country to provide sufficient information for us to make a positive finding, we would welcome any information the applicant can provide directly to us. We are not, however, expecting the applicant to possess all of the information we would need to make a positive finding - typically this is more than any individual hunter may be able to obtain. IF they have some information, we would love to see it.

The revised regulations does not change the current situation in Zimbabwe, other than a permit would be required. We still have to make a positive enhancement finding and to date have not been able to do that. Again, if the hunter has additional information that could assist us in making the finding, we would welcome it.

Tim

Timothy J. Van Norman, Chief
Branch of Permits
Division of Management Authority
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

Sign up for our e-newsletter to learn how we're working around the globe to protect species and their habitats!
wJsmB_KvJPVogfPLm4cYvHicMUxeImaaM7JpP1n3JJoJaiNKOdcwDrJRAPLIAoDQ5eaPBI_SPYVHlPPndMNvqNbK-o00C3M3kQcQ0w=s0-d-e1-ft
RvsU7iVFd4L2LYqDdMVT5eed6tcsuxj9RVWEzN6el8YOwQpSgIvUZetzMNnQdwO2tuFyMYpKtVi8rXnxzjz-1mcUW3D_BXiuKu7M=s0-d-e1-ft

Have a great hunt.

Look forward to hearing about it.

jerome, any chance handguns will ever be allowed in namibia?
You never know but I seriously doubt. I was already a challenge to open bowhunting in Namibia.

Hope you have a great hunt sir!

Looking forward to this report!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathrinMcG

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!