RON THOMSON --- New Pro Hunting NGO -- The True Green Alliance

Jan,

Thanks for the bump. I had missed Thompson's June letter when it originally ran.

The back story Thompson gives of the 1989 burn is new to me. It is enlightening if all the details are correct. Richard Leaky is an intelligent individual. He has made statements over the years that made me wonder how he thought the original ivory burn was a good idea. I wondered if he had changed his mind. When I saw that he was at this years ivory burn I was somewhat surprised. I guess political people remain political people and crave the media attention.

upload_2016-7-26_16-2-22.png

Leaky at 1989 burn.

upload_2016-7-26_16-2-52.png

Leaky at 2016 burn.

The irony of Uhuru Kenyatta's statement, “Ivory is worthless unless it is on elephants”, struck me when he made it, especially in relation to his mothers poaching history. It also made me wonder if Uhuru's hand was the palm that was greased to make this years bonfire. The mother makes money poaching elephants, the son makes money burning ivory. Making easy foreign money is the African politicians way. Unfortunately the elephants are the big losers when it comes to Kenya.

this article and more is from an african magazine i subscribe to called african outfitter,you can subscribe at subs@africanoutfitter.com web site is www.africanoutfitter.com price here in america is 75.00 per year for 6 copies. so far ive receiver 3 copies and find it enlightening on the truth about the corruption in africa and this country in regards to stopping hunting world wide.

I received an email from TGA attaching a letter and solicitation. Has anyone else received this? The letter certainly identifies some good activity. I am thinking of helping out but thought I would see if anyone here has more knowledge about the group and/or folks involved.

Pheroze,

I received it as well. My intention is to donate as an individual. It seems like they are going about this the right way, and are serious about making it work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will gain some traction.....

Pheroze,

I received it as well. My intention is to donate as an individual. It seems like they are going about this the right way, and are serious about making it work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will gain some traction.....

Thanks. I am thinking the same thing. Sounds like a good development. The more troops on the ground the better!

I feel getting involved is the right thing to do. You're right sandman , I also hope it gains some traction. It will however only do that with support. We will only realize what we had once we lose it. Lets not lose it !

I have a question....

I received the membership application, and I am in the process of trying to send money for the membership fee. I am assuming that a personal check from a US bank to a SA organization is not possible? Honestly, I don't know, but I am assuming so....

I also looked into wiring the funds to their (TGA) account, of which the details were given on the membership application, but the problem I am having is a physical address for their organizational headquarters. For legality purposes, the wiring services require a physical address (a PO box will not suffice) and I can't for the life of me find an address. The address listed on the application is a PO box. Over a week ago, I reached out to the TGA via direct message on their website, Facebook Messenger (from their website), emailing the listed email address from their website, as well as replying to the email that was sent to me via Mrs. Britz, requesting a physical address so I could wire the funds. To date, I have not received a response. I understand if they are sensitive to giving out their physical address for fear of the veritable crap storm that always ensues, but if they want foreign donations, then I suppose there needs to be a mechanism in place to facilitate that...credit card, or even PayPal maybe?

Anyway, if anyone has a physical address or knows how to contact Mr. Thomson, Mrs. Britz, or anyone else from the TGA to obtain said address, I would be very grateful if they could post it, or PM (conversation) me, so I can send the funds.

I believe this to be a worthy cause, and worth my financial support so I'm not giving up. I'm sure it's a matter of getting their feet under them.......

Anyway, if anyone has a physical address or knows how to contact Mr. Thomson, Mrs. Britz, or anyone else from the TGA to obtain said address, I would be very grateful if they could post it, or PM (conversation) me, so I can send the funds.
PM on it's way...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg