Roe or Fallow deer hunt United Kingdom

Don458

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA USPSA Brooklyn schuetzen corp
Hello. I have been invited to a roe or fallow deer hunt in the UK next months. My question is can i bring a plastic deer decoy ( flambeau doe) with me as a surprise gift for my friend who lives there. As far as i seen on Virgin Atlantic Airlines webpage nothing saying that I cannot. But i know from previous conversations with my friend that many items related to hunting or shooting are not legal to bring in ? I can ask him but I wanted to surprise him with it. I have had conversations with him where I have shown him how good they work and asked him if they use them. He said there is nothing that says the cannot use decoys and a few of his friends make their own. This decoy can actually fit into my check in luggage Thank you for any help. Don

There would be no reason you could not bring this with you to the UK. but I have never seen or heard anyone use a deer decoy .

There is absolutely no law that restricts you from bringing your LAWN ORNAMENT on a trip with you.

There is absolutely no law that restricts you from bringing your LAWN ORNAMENT on a trip with you.
Yes. I know. Lol. But I wanted to make sure because as i know anything to do with Firearms are banned. Like if I wanted to bring a Leupold scope as a gift it is illegal, as is a Rifle gun case . Anything attached to Firearms. It was explained to me And as you know they are banning kitchen knives now, imprisoning Reporters for reporting crimes. So i just put it out there

Only firearms, moderators and ammunition have restrictions. the bringing of scopes from America is banned by the USA you need export permit for that. No we are not banning kitchen knives. and reporters sometimes push the boundary's to get a reaction.

Only firearms, moderators and ammunition have restrictions. the bringing of scopes from America is banned by the USA you need export permit for that. No we are not banning kitchen knives. and reporters sometimes push the boundary's to get a reaction.
Ok Thank you for clearing that up for me.

There are no bans to bring scopes into the UK. Firearms are allowed in providing you have a UK sponsor and apply for a Visitors Firearms permit.
Kitchen knives are also NOT banned. Its the carrying of knives without good reason that the law has changed on.

As far as I'm aware there are no problems bringing a scope to the UK as long as the value is below the £390 personal allowance before you pay import duty.
If the value is more than that you will have to pay.
I don't know what the rules are regarding export from the U.S. so check things out stateside.
You can check the U.K. Border Force website for restrictions.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/import-controls-on-offensive-weapons

5FF5A57F-4F02-4E3C-AF47-212B13EDEB40.jpeg

This one is probably on the no fly list!

Is this not an "Emotional Support Animal"?

images.jpg

Yes. I know. Lol. But I wanted to make sure because as i know anything to do with Firearms are banned. Like if I wanted to bring a Leupold scope as a gift it is illegal, as is a Rifle gun case . Anything attached to Firearms. It was explained to me And as you know they are banning kitchen knives now, imprisoning Reporters for reporting crimes. So i just put it out there
Just a quick hello to a fellow Long Islander. Good luck on your hunt.

Just tell them that you identify as a deer and that is your girlfriend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg