Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Hello all!
I would like to give everyone first shot at our hog hunts for the upcoming 2015-16 season.
Hunt: Unlimited hogs for the duration of the hunt, guides, meals, lodging, free varmints, skinning, trophy prep, use of our walk in cooler for duration of the hunt.
Not included: Tips/gratuities to staff, lodging and meals before or after the hunt, airfare/transportation to or from the ranch, taxidermy, or meat processing. Rifle hire and ammunition can be provided for $50 per day
Price: $500 per day/per gun/ 2 day minimum
*Please note the maximum group size is four hunter per hog hunt (hog hunts only), three is ideal
Hunt methods include spot and stalk, blinds over feeders, hunting food plots
Other animals are available for regular trophy fees less 10% for current AH members
Feel free to inquire about other hunting opportunities/packages via this post,pm, or this year's previous hunt offers.
1396.JPG

2466.JPG

7382.JPG

2014 ranch pics 013.JPG 2014 ranch pics 011.JPG Cody\'s hunt 2 103.JPG Cody\'s hunt 2 100.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Success rate for good shooters? Number of hogs actually taken per person on average? Not trying to be insulting just info that is important to me. This would be for shooting during the day as I have nothing for night time shooting.

It's like anything else, this is a free range hunt. We have hogs all the time every day. Opportunity rate is 100% on groups with about 98% success per group. Individually opportunity runs around 98 to 99% with success rates around 95%. This was the first year that I had less than a 100% opportunity rate across the board due to a massive storm and severe flooding the day of and for the entire week prior to a group showing up. It was the same storm system that blew out our lake dam. That was a group of three. Two killed a pig one guy did not. I can't control the weather or acts of nature. As far as how many pigs are killed it has varied from the above mentioned group to having a group kill 18 pigs between two people in two days. As far as out and out success rates I can put a person on pigs but can't control whether they miss or not. I consider a shot opportunity to be a 100 yards or less with a non moving animal at the time of the shot. I would be happy to provide you with as many references as you would like. There are several here on AH that have hunted with me before and I am sure they would be glad to speak with you also. All of my other hunts such as exotic, turkey, deer, wing shooting, etc have all been 100% opportunity rate as well. Also, I would be glad to provide contact information for the local game warden who knows me very well and could provide you with additional information as well.

As far as the time of day goes that is another instance where I have little control. I can't control when a pig decides to move, that being said there are certain times of year when pigs move almost exclusively during the day and times of year it is the opposite. If you are more interested in day time hunting I would suggest getting with me so I could make some suggestions as to when to schedule the hunt. I can assure you baring some extreme act of nature it won't be an issue.

Thank you for the info. As a looong time hunter I understand your points. You have no control over the weather. I have been on 4 hunts here at the same place and had the weather make hunting impossible. I do not hold the owner responsible at all. I also agree you can put people on the animals but not control their shooting abilities. Fact is some people just cannot shoot well for whatever the reason. I am not one of those.
It would be a long trip for me to go to Texas from Ca for only one hog. That is my reason for asking about the number I would likely have a good chance to shoot if I or someone else booked for a daytime hunt. Since we cannot use night optic here we would not have any.

I can attest that G will do everything in his power to make sure that you have a successful hunting experience. I was at his place a couple weeks ago along with other AH members and we had a blast. I am already setting my schedule and looking forward to a spring turkey hunt with him next year. My only recommendation is that you make sure too have time for the dinner at the Tukey B&B on your last day. The BBQ is fantastic. :A Thumbs Up:.

Thank you for the info. As a looong time hunter I understand your points. You have no control over the weather. I have been on 4 hunts here at the same place and had the weather make hunting impossible. I do not hold the owner responsible at all. I also agree you can put people on the animals but not control their shooting abilities. Fact is some people just cannot shoot well for whatever the reason. I am not one of those.
It would be a long trip for me to go to Texas from Ca for only one hog. That is my reason for asking about the number I would likely have a good chance to shoot if I or someone else booked for a daytime hunt. Since we cannot use night optic here we would not have any.
Sir. We have night optics that I allow clients to use. Also we have night lights etc... You would have a guide with you at all times to assist. Not having night shooting capabilities is not a problem as we take care of that for you.

can I call my own predators/varmints?
Yes sir you may. You will have a guide with you but you are more than welcome to do your own calling and use what ever equipment you prefer. I also can do varmint hunts that specifically targeting coyotes, Bobcats, coons, etc....

Last edited by a moderator:
I can attest that G will do everything in his power to make sure that you have a successful hunting experience. I was at his place a couple weeks ago along with other AH members and we had a blast. I am already setting my schedule and looking forward to a spring turkey hunt with him next year. My only recommendation is that you make sure too have time for the dinner at the Tukey B&B on your last day. The BBQ is fantastic. :A Thumbs Up:.
Thank you for the kind words Chuck

now what is average size per hog? edit.. I just checked out the gallery on your web page!

how about ringtail and grey fox?

thanks!

Yes sir we have some big big boars. Here is a few from my phone. I'm not at my computer at the moment. There are a ton of pics on my website in the gallery.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

We don't have very many fox, there are a few though. Our coons are massive though. Lots of coyotes, and bobcats if you can find them. They're pretty illusive though. We get the occasional mountain lion but they are killed immediately on sight.

well, im talking to a buddy of mine about this... I will PM you if we decide on anything!

PS... we can find the predators! haha(y)

Awesome it would be great to hunt with ya'll

I enjoy the pic of the snout.

Where is Turkey, TX?

Where is Turkey, TX?
45 miles west of Childress, 2 hours south east of Amarillo, 2 hours north east of Lubbock.

45 miles west of Childress, 2 hours south east of Amarillo, 2 hours north east of Lubbock.

How can someone not know that???? ;)

I drove through it one night a year and a half ago, and didn't know it! Probably didn't care at the time;)

But now I would!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross