Scrumbag

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
BASC, SCI
Hunted
Europe

Filmed in 1954. Narrated and featuring Robert Ruark. Harry Selby and Andrew Holberg guide Ruark to a 110 pound elephant. Black rhino,leopard,and a huge 49 inch buffalo are taken as well as other species. This is a chance to see what a safari in British East Africa was like during this era.

Thanks for the link, loved seeing all the old doubles, imagine the cost of a 3 month safari today, I gotta say some of the muzzle sweeps gave me a chill though

Whether it be an uprising or a pandemic Ethiopian Airlines is going to get you there.

Good movie.

but it bugs the shit out of me that people so freely post copyrighted material on YouTube with zero regard for the copyright holder. My guess is those people don’t hold any copyrighted material...but I digress..

I suspect Robert would be tickled to think people liked his safari 68 years later

that may be true. But if you’ve ever spent time researching him as I have, you’d know he’d be the first to have his lawyer send a letter asking to either pay up, or knock it off. ;-)

I think the mau-mau are running America today

My apologies folks, no copy right infringement intended, it's not my posting on youtube, just something I found and thought people would find interesting.

Would material this old still be copyrighted?

My apologies folks, no copy right infringement intended, it's not my posting on youtube, just something I found and thought people would find interesting.

Would material this old still be copyrighted?

Yes. This falls into the 95-year category. The Ruark estate via Harold Matson Co still own the copyright.

and I should clarify, I know you were just posting what you found -didn’t mean to infer you personally. It’s the people who rip copyrighted material and broadcast free who piss me off. Brian Herne’s book is also on YouTube as well as many more. Can’t speak for anyone by myself, but this kind of thing is frustrating.

the dudes surfing the web have little ability to check this type of thing, but the guy ripping can see the copyright claim on the dvd itself.

Bob and Selby don't mind!

Speaking of Selby and Ruark, I just got a message from Harry's daughter Gail re: some of Harry's Ruark books she has for sale. I thought I would post them here for others who may be interested in getting your hands on some Selby/Ruark memorabilia.

See here: http://sportsmanslegacy.com/books/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 4.24.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 4.24.42 PM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 89
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 4.24.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 4.24.43 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 78
The movie on DVD used to be available from Safari Press. baxterb, I agree with you on ripping off copyrighted material. My wife is a former librarian and you should hear her on the subject.

Filmed in 1954. Narrated and featuring Robert Ruark. Harry Selby and Andrew Holberg guide Ruark to a 110 pound elephant. Black rhino,leopard,and a huge 49 inch buffalo are taken as well as other species. This is a chance to see what a safari in British East Africa was like during this era.
I owned and operated one of those Landrovers, the series II. Great workhorse. They could crab around the side of a steep hillside because of the low centre of gravity. That low slung suspension also got them bellied in soft sand. Great film btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you