RMR SIGHT MOUNT WINCHESTER M70 - 458

Imbambala

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
CHASA, Eastern Cape Game Management Association
Does any one know if such a mount exists for the above mentioned rifle. This one is produced by AHR.

404-for-web-003-resize.jpg

They may have a Weaver type, which would require a Weaver front base. NB The Recknagel peep sights were originally for full size Brno/CZ and Ruger only but then they introduced the Weaver and small Brno/CZ centre fire backsights as well.

Thanks,

Put a Burris Fast Fire III on my Win mod 70 458 Lott using Matt85's technique ended up taking it off as I just could not get by the look... sorry some what of traditionalist stayed with irons and a green fiber optic front sight ...
If I were to do it all over again I would have a smith put a rail just behind the front sight to get it away from the loading port and farther away from the eye where it belongs.. I would have had to put a half rib on my gun to accomplish this and I was to cheap at the time....

Zephyr, I completely understand that it looks out of place on a rifle. But if it helps you get the perfect shot it could be the difference between have a animal in the salt or paying for a lost animal.

I could not agree with you more, I'm sure if red dot sights were available to the likes of Bell or Jamieson they would have used them. To simplify the physiology you look at the animal with both eyes open and there is a red dot on it, no focusing on front sight, animal, rear sight, animal,front sight and so on.... Believe the proper term is Saccade.
As mentioned I just could not get over the aesthetics and my eyes still work, but not for long as I deal with aging eyes. I have put green fiber optic front sights on my two big bore bolt guns they just sit out there and glow.
I would contact the boys at AHR and ask them, they might be fabricating the mount in house...
Good Luck Good Shooting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!