Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
Steve does a really good job with his show. There are no less than five copy cats or spin offs on outdoor tv now and I can’t sit through any of them!

His stuff is well produced but I have the same problem with him that I do with Shockey. I have to watch them with the volume off..

Especially with Shockey the constant 'strategically' placed product placement to make it look all normal drives me nuts.
There's a show with 2 young sisters that do it right. At the beginning of the show they just name and display all their sponsors, get it over with, and then you never see 'em again.

Especially with Shockey the constant 'strategically' placed product placement to make it look all normal drives me nuts.
There's a show with 2 young sisters that do it right. At the beginning of the show they just name and display all their sponsors, get it over with, and then you never see 'em again.
I hear ya there. The main thing I can’t stand from either one of them is their philosophizing

There’s many sides to the ultra-commodification of hunting though. Guys starting Instagram accounts and killing animals so they can capture sponsorships is not the best thing that could happen for hunting in my opinion. I know Steve’s brother Matt pretty well, and he is trying to counter this effect.

Def not as much Hollywood term usage with SR and 1/2 the show revolves around utilizing the meat and he's brutally honest about messing up from time to time! (JS sticks to a particular formula...and the "Dangerous, Scary, near-Death, etc." portion kicks in at a certain point.) There were others before Rinella (Scott Layseth, the Cowboy Cook, etc.) but the mention of "The French Chef" made me crack up at the recollection of this... It IS entertaining when comedian/commentator/hunter/gun enthusiast Joe Rogan gets together with Steve Rinella!!! Rinella often hosts other pro chefs sharing their creations. IF you've never seen this, watch until the end...

Def not as much Hollywood term usage with SR and 1/2 the show revolves around utilizing the meat and he's brutally honest about messing up from time to time! (JS sticks to a particular formula...and the "Dangerous, Scary, near-Death, etc." portion kicks in at a certain point.) There were others before Rinella (Scott Layseth, the Cowboy Cook, etc.) but the mention of "The French Chef" made me crack up at the recollection of this... It IS entertaining when comedian/commentator/hunter/gun enthusiast Joe Rogan gets together with Steve Rinella!!! Rinella often hosts other pro chefs sharing their creations. IF you've never seen this, watch until the end...
I think I would rather watch an episode of Keith Warren than watch those two lol

My singularly worst palm-to-face Shockey episode is when he is talking to the top 2 honchos at Hornady. Hornady wants to promote their 300 PRC and Shockey keeps calling it 'caliber'. Jason Hornady is not looking amused. Finally, Steve Hornady tries contrasting it with the 300 Weatherby and Shockey is still repeating the 300 PRC is his new favorite 'caliber'. To top it all off, when the Hornady's want the associated ammo mentioned, Shockey refers to the new round as his favorite 'bullet'.

After that I switch the channel.

I enjoy Steve Rinella's shows, but Shockey is unwatchable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross