Rigby knife

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 10.04.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 10.05.14 PM.png

Although I'm not a big fan of scandi grinds on a hunting knife, I do think they chose a good steel for that model in using AEB-L. It's a very tough steel and will help protect what is generally a delicate edge on a Scandinavian grind.

I have a couple of hand made scandi ground bushcraft style knives I helped design which are made in this steel and they have stood up to decent use with no edge chipping or rolling.

@425SCHADE
When I visited H&H I got a few free ear plugs and was able to look a a few high class double. Even an entry level 270 Winchester was £29,000.
The only thing I could afford was the ear plugs, well I hope they were free.
Bob
But are they branded?
I'd send you a whole swag of earplugs to get a set from Rigby, might be close as I get.

+1. And he might even give you a discount on a pair of his elegant Von Gruff shooting socks?
Ahh, I'm not sure I want his socks after he's been out hunting goats in them.

I do hope that Von Gruff will give me a tour of his workshop if I can get over there.

I reckon he might have more on You Tube than Rigby anyway. He gets more mentions on AH than Rigby.

Ahh, I'm not sure I want his socks after he's been out hunting goats in them.

I do hope that Von Gruff will give me a tour of his workshop if I can get over there.

I reckon he might have more on You Tube than Rigby anyway. He gets more mentions on AH than Rigby.
Always happy to have shed visits although it will not be the high tech (or spic and span) type of shed that may come to mind in the same thread as Rigby however a coffee and a yarn is always available.

Lets face it, Rigby is iconic and their rifles end up doing their job in Africa, a lot. They are pretty good about their PR and marketing, so their brand evokes the feeling of safari; add a nice knife, a bottle of their scotch and a box of their cigars and you are all set. WR does it too, but unlike Rigby they don't offer an entry level to this elite club.

Lets face it, Rigby is iconic and their rifles end up doing their job in Africa, a lot. They are pretty good about their PR and marketing, so their brand evokes the feeling of safari; add a nice knife, a bottle of their scotch and a box of their cigars and you are all set. WR does it too, but unlike Rigby they don't offer an entry level to this elite club.
How much is the Scotch?
Reformed smoker you can keep the cigars, I'm saving for a genuine Pithy If I go back.
I would like a Rigby and other Classic rifles but, alas, I have other priorities.
Sounds like a WR is way lower on the list of priorities.

How much is the Scotch?
Reformed smoker you can keep the cigars, I'm saving for a genuine Pithy If I go back.
I would like a Rigby and other Classic rifles but, alas, I have other priorities.
Sounds like a WR is way lower on the list of priorities.
Hi CBH, I don't know on the scotch, they are normally around $100. Melville and Moon make the genuine pithy's again about $100. You can get them in khaki or a bush brown, I prefer the latter.

Hi CBH, I don't know on the scotch, they are normally around $100. Melville and Moon make the genuine pithy's again about $100. You can get them in khaki or a bush brown, I prefer the latter.
$100us I guess.

I could bring a Top Shelf Bundaberg Rum for less.

Bundy is ah very different to Scotch but good stuff if you have the taste for it. I will bring one over if I come back.

I'm hoping you take me shopping for a Pithy if I ever get back. I just worked out Bulawayo is in Zimbawe, can we drop in on the Courteney boot factory if I make it over? We could cruise around i.n you land Rover if you like. Of course I will help you out if you ever travel Down Under, I'm in the middle of nowhere but among other things this area attracts a lot of film crew and movie production.

$100us I guess.

I could bring a Top Shelf Bundaberg Rum for less.

Bundy is ah very different to Scotch but good stuff if you have the taste for it. I will bring one over if I come back.

I'm hoping you take me shopping for a Pithy if I ever get back. I just worked out Bulawayo is in Zimbawe, can we drop in on the Courteney boot factory if I make it over? We could cruise around i.n you land Rover if you like. Of course I will help you out if you ever travel Down Under, I'm in the middle of nowhere but among other things this area attracts a lot of film crew and movie production.
Yes, make it over and I'll sort you out a pithy and some Courteneys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!