rigby 9.3x74r bolt action for finn's christmas present 2012

..it helps, of course, if you're a multi-millionaire.. ;)

o_O:E Head Scratch::E Hmmm:thanks Doc! now PR wants to know if thats the case where i have hidden the money............ :E Fear::E Frightened:.....

mind you it did used to take over a 1,000,000 of the old kwacha to fill the cruiser ,so yup in those days you are correct we used to walk around with over a million or two in our pockets for shopping ;)

Last edited:
o_O:E Head Scratch::E Hmmm:thanks Doc! now PR wants to know if thats the case where i have hidden the money............ :E Fear::E Frightened:.....

mind you it did used to take over a 1,000,000 of the old kwacha to fill the cruiser ,so yup in those days you are correct we used to walk around with over a million or two in our pockets for shopping ;)

$1,000 makes you a Tanzania multi millionaire these days. You feel rich walking out of a bank with all the money you need for a month but of course you don't have enough pockets to carry all the bills.

I ask my wife if she ever thought we would be so successful in life that we could spend all the millions we do in a month in Tanzania. She just rolls her eyes.

Sorry I'm late to the party, just joined.....I have a thing for rimmed cartridges and that is a beautiful rifle....very lucky Finn!
I'm building a simlar set up in a P14 Enfield....

Roger

dang spike,

that is nice wood on that rifle! absolutely wasted on the young!!!:sneaky:

well done!

Beautiful rifle may he hunt with it for many years to come.

.....I 've just realised that this thread is from 2012 :sleep:......so, how does it perform? Have you taken any game with it?

Roger

.....as I said before, I'm building a 9.3x74R on a P14 action and I was hoping you might be able to supply me with some dimensions of the barrel on yours.

Cheers

Roger

on the minibus coming back from the days boar shooting in hungary about 7 or 8 years ago paul roberts said to me, as i liked the 9.3mm`s he just happened to have an old barreled action that i think was originally chambered for the rimmed 400/350 round that he had rechambered for 9.3x74r, and how about building a rifle for me. i have a 9.3x62 bolt action and my jeffery 9.3x74r double so i had to think of a reason for this new addition. i liked the idea as mauser only made a few actions for rigbys in the old days specifically for rimmed bullets, so i thought this will be perfect for finn when he is older, as he was only about 5 or so at this time, and it gave me the excuse i needed!! when it was finished i only put about 3 rounds through it and took it back to paul who kept it hidden from me. this christmas my wife and i were thinking what we could get finn for his main present and couldnt think of anything. it was getting a bit close to christmas when i remembered the rifle and confessed to kate about having it built for finn years before, and that i thought now was the perfect time to give it to him and she agreed. sorry the photos arent too great :eek:

View attachment 15413 View attachment 15414 View attachment 15415 View attachment 15416 View attachment 15417 View attachment 15418 View attachment 15419 View attachment 15420 View attachment 15421

This rifle is beautiful. Congratulations and I hope Finn appreciates it in the years to come.

.....as I said before, I'm building a 9.3x74R on a P14 action and I was hoping you might be able to supply me with some dimensions of the barrel on yours.

Cheers

Roger

Hi sorry but I haven't a clue. It's in storage at a dealer as the house his mother is renting doesn't have facilities to securely store Guns and he is away at college at the moment. And I am bit far away to go look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross