Rifles you will NEVER sell

This is a fun topic. I'm always collecting, improving, and upgrading my fine guns. But very little of what I own is "Sacred", ironically the most valuable pieces are probably less sacred.

My son has a custom 7x64 brenneke mauser we improved together. He's used it since his 7th birthday and he's taken two record book animals with it already in his tender years. Its not for sale. He's had such tremendous luck with it and his competence with it has grown so much I think the term "beware a hunter with only one rifle, he probably knows how to use it" comes to mind.

I also have my original Marlin model 60 I got as a young kid, my first firearm, a lowly .22lr. Its worth nearly nothing, yet its not for sale.

I have a 375HH that has served me well over the years and is smooth as butter. I'm unlikely to sell it, but if the right offer came along I just might even though its an incredible weapon, only so I can buy a larger caliber of equal quality. It would take a full retail offer to sell it.

Last but not least, I have my lowest quality shotgun remaining from my former collection of best guns. It's a Spanish SxS made by Grulla as a two barrel set. It fits me. I've probably taken 10,000 head of quarry with it and probably shot 250,000 shells through it. I've restored it once already. It's not worth much but it has definitely served me very well and I don't lose sleep when I shoot it in the pouring rain. It's not an irreplaceable, unrestored Purdy or Dickson, it's a Spanish best gun made in the 1990s...that's not saying a lot. Not for sale.

Hard to beat a good 7x64. I like them so much I'm on my second...

My go to deer rifle is a Pre War Mod 70 ser# 109, March 1936 (second month) production. Put a Krieger barrel in it & bought the best Bastogne blank Dressels had at the time ('90s). Had it re-rust blued & engraved a few years ago. Rifle's also a shooter-1/4" cloverleafs all day long. If someone threw an obscene amount of money I'd prolly sell it.

My travel rifle is a .300 Win Classic built by Charlie Sisk (2002?) on a McMillan stock. When I called him I wanted a 26" Krieger barrel because I knew better. Ol' Charlie responded in his slow Texas drawl "I've had good luck with 24" Lilja barrels....." This one has shot one ragged hole since the day I got it. Been all over the world with that rifle, NZ, Spain, leopard and lion. I'll NEVER sell this rifle.....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuigrande

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross