riflepermits - Quick & Easy Arrival With Your Firearm In South Africa

Is a signed and stamped by US Customs current dated year for travel still required on a 4457 for your rifle permit in SA...does Namibia require same year as travel Year.

Henry and his entire staff have assisted me on numerous occasions and I can’t say enough good things about them. You are wasting 1 to 3 hours of your life and precious time in Africa if you don’t use them.

I have used them several times and the service has been excellent.

The last time was an emergency permit approval while I was in flight from Dallas to Mos via JNB. My luggage, including my rifle; was supposed to be checked by Emirates through to Tete but when I arrived at the terminal in Dallas Emirates informed me I would have to claim the rifle at JNB and recheck it to Tete during a less than 4 hour layover. Obviously I did not have a firearms import permit for SA and claiming luggage, obtaining a SA firearms permit, and rechecking the luggage on a 4 hour layover was going to be a problem. As we were pushing back from the gateway in Dallas I reached my outfitters office and asked them to get in contact with Henry to see if they could help. With a combination of the information Henry had from previous trips and the outfitter Henry was waiting for me in the entrance hall with all the paperwork filled out and awaiting my review and signature. 15 minutes later I had my permit and had checked in for my flight to Tete. This is why I use an experienced and trusted import permit service.

Interesting, on the way back my luggage was checked through from Tete to Dallas even though I was spending the night in Jburg.

I respect your opinion Blues Brother...What did they charge you for their services?
As tanks said it was pretty close to that if memory serves me. I believe their rates are on the website,

I will be using Henry’s services again in 2021. I used them for 2018 and 2019 trips. Nothing but good things to say about it. I have emailed Henry twice already about 2021 trip since I am taking 3 rifles. He has responded within a couple hours to emails with precise answers to the questions.

Henry's rifle permits provided superb service! I met them on my first trip when I didnt use them and got jerked around by SAPS and had to wait 1.5 hrs. On that trip i saw them resolve problem for one of their customers who had wrong serial # on 4457-most people would have forfeited their rifle. I've used them every trip since then.

Hello Henry & Team,

I’m finalizing our trip planner for an upcoming hunt w/ KMG Safaris 23 May & just sent you a PM to get the SAP document rolling ... I look forward to the dialogue & streamlining the rifle permits process @ Joburg.

R/
Jaegger

Hello Henry & Team,

I’m finalizing our trip planner for an upcoming hunt w/ KMG Safaris 23 May & just sent you a PM to get the SAP document rolling ... I look forward to the dialogue & streamlining the rifle permits process @ Joburg.

R/
Jaegger
Henry,
I too have sent a PM as well as an email. Perhaps you are out of the office!
Charlie

Henry,
I too have sent a PM as well as an email. Perhaps you are out of the office!
Charlie
Thank you for the reply Henry. It went to my SPAM folder but I found it this evening and will respond presently.

Henry: thx for the prompt email response & all necessary doc’s + ‘key Intel’ on which domestic airlines handle/carrier rifle cases - priceless for our preplanning & in-country movement!

Members,

Q&A in earlier posts about Riflepermits & allot of on pricing, services, etc. I can share the price list has a variety of service options from basic assistance w/ SAP Form, to pre-approved SAP Form, to VIP bundle from the time you exit the plane & all = < market rates. It’s that welcome assistance for body, mind, & soul after 24hrs or longer Air Travel.

1st Time Travelers: May 2021 will be my 8th trip to Africa in 11-years & across 4/Countries where rifle permitting is all a bit different & has been Flawless to Nightmare. I consider myself an organized person, I have had all necessary doc’s in order & still experienced nonsense or long delays while being “That Guy” ... watching Agents pluck Hunters from long lines & fast-track their permits.

So yes, you can prepare & clear your rifle(s) w/o the use of an Agent but no guarantees it will not be delayed and/or problematic & the reasoning WHY is always ‘hilarious’ once in Hunting Camp but ‘dreadful’ @ the airport.

Agents: when available & recommended by your PH or other Hunter experiences is a very smart move & especially when ‘cutting your teeth’ on your 1st trip to understand the process, or like me - 8th trip & wish to avoid potential disaster!? All part of the adventure ...

Ciao,
Jaegger

what about handguns?
Dear Sir

Yes we can assist with the import permit for a handgun, for hunting purposes only.

Thank you.

Anna and Marius rock! Even when dealing with dim-witted, sleep deprived, first time wretches like me. Thank you Henry!!!

Anna and Marius rock! Even when dealing with dim-witted, sleep deprived, first time wretches like me. Thank you Henry!!!
Agreed! Anna and Marius rock!
Used their service June 2021! Great communication, had personnel to greet upon arrival, and departure from Johannesburg. Fees are minimal and the process of permits was quick! This was a huge relief arriving in Africa for the first time. I would highly recommend them. They also communicated with my PH to insure things went smoothly.

There is some legwork to get all the proper paperwork to them pre-arrival, but this was to be expected. They give you step by step instructions to getting your rifles to and from SA.

You can’t go wrong with this company!

They might be great not saying that they’re not. But I just went to their website and their prices are not listed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg