Rifle Suppressor

I have couple on AR platforms, but the ones I have handled on traditional hunting rifles gave them the field dynamics of a surf rod.

An exception to that would be the Blaser R8 Silence. Obviously significantly more expensive than a suppressor, it does have the same dimensions and ergonomics of the standard R8.

@Sika98k: I love the leather aplication on your bi-pod (brand?). Did you have it made? As well, how do you fair with the Pard? Do you need an external IR source?
The bipod is a Spartan carbon fibre. The actual bipod is one Spartan made for Rigby.
The Pard is a great tool for night time shooting of foxes. The built in IR is ok but it does greatly benefit from a good external IR. Currently I am using a Hawke AirMax scope, Pard and a VCSEL ir From the Nightvision store in the U.K. £49 and works well.

04E025DB-51C7-4F54-8F7C-50FC582F6F2F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The single greatest advantage of a suppressor is to help with the potential hearing damage for you and others on the stalk, who have no hearing protection.

The second lessor benefit is recoil reduction.

To be clear, in ear protection is better than nothing but it will not prevent all damage. Only over the ear will do that. I don’t think I’ve ever seen muffs while hunting. Therefore, in ear with a suppressor is a great combination. Think of those around you without any protection.

also check if you can take one where you’re headed. Not all states, let alone countries allow them. It may be that buying/renting in your destination is a good choice.
Quite a lot of us use earmuffs on driven boar hunts in Europe. the use of a silencer/suppressor/whatever is forbidden in Hungary, Romania and Croatia.

Eric
I have many suppressors but there is nothing as good for hunting as the Thunderbeast Ultra 5. It is tiny and although only 5” long provides good suppression and superior recoil reduction. IMO all others are severely lacking and do not compare in any way to the Ultra 5.
Check them out for yourself, better yet come out and shoot with me!
Regards,
Philip
Eric, this is quite the offer. Philip is famous!! Lots of good information. Thanks for asking the question. Your Friend/uncle, Brian

Is that a once off or an annual rip off ?
Fortunately it's a once off, unless/until it's transferred to someone else. It's the same $200 if you're buying a machine gun or silencer, or any number of "restricted" categories like a "short barrel rifle" or "short barrel shotgun" or "destructive device".
Also fortunately it's been the same $200 for almost 100 years and legally, it can't be raised without changing the law, so inflation has been beneficial in this instance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois