Rifle Stock design/Felt Recoil: Chassis versus Wood/Laminated stock??

Cool.

My 338 Lapua Mag is for sale...
Built on a Weatherby Mark V action with exhibition grade Walnut stock. Use to be a 460 Weatherby out of their custom shop...

Most acurate rifle I have ever owned....cliver leaf at 100 meters....falling plates at 1200 meters.....

IvW, the difficulty is I only need a barreled action..I will not be using the rifle stock

20201111_073455.jpg
20201111_073803.jpg
20201111_073721.jpg

20201111_073927.jpg

Attachments

• 20201111_073927.jpg
    20201111_073927.jpg
    816 KB · Views: 95
30 1/2 inch sniper barrel guaranteed to minimum 1moa....
A beast but I dont use it.....

Nice plank, frightfully accurate but I dont use it....

I must say the Weatherby stock shape is perfect for the application...
In essence same ballistics as what you are building...
Lookingcat it again I may keep it....

I need to however get rid of the white spacers....look shite

More along the design you are after, I'm not sure you have the right of owning one of these in your country. A lot Americans I feel take for granted our rights. History is a funny thing, you stop teaching it and you will repeat it.

It's a 338LM again I am not sure you are able to own that, being it is a NATO round.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210412-090818_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210412-090818_Gallery.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 85
It really is a great looking rifle IvW. It will make a great platform for what I am looking at.

More along the design you are after, I'm not sure you have the right of owning one of these in your country. A lot Americans I feel take for granted our rights. History is a funny thing, you stop teaching it and you will repeat it.

It's a 338LM again I am not sure you are able to own that, being it is a NATO round.
Inline, I do not have the right to own this military chassis based rifle made in the USA. Laws are keeping me to own such a rifle in any country as a civilian or hunter. I totally agree, but nothing keep me from trying to duplicate the design in the photo . Since I am not able to duplicate that rifle , using the exact materials, barrels, scopes , loaded rounds or bi-pot. I am therefore not owning this rifle you refer to in the photo.

If any photo or picture or item is placed in the Internet domain it just mean that that item is available to every person in the world to use the photo, drawing or anything else that is uploaded on the internet.

It is my right to duplicate any thing I see on the internet...there is now law keeping me from it..

If you do not want me to make use of the photo /item/project delete it from the internet..since I use it for my own personal use and do not infringe on any copy right what so ever...

Please when you visit South Africa to hunt , do not shoot our game species ..it is ours , you do not have te right to them..bring your own game species to Africa to hunt them here, it is your right :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My advice which is not popular here would be to add a break. Area 419, APA Gen 2 little Bastard and the top ones. They will take out a lot of recoil, that is the good. The bad is they are loud you must wear hearing protection.
Don’t hunt in Africa with a muzzle break. You won’t make a friend of you PH.

Is this an AI? How would you rate the accuracy of this rifle in comparison to a sport based long distance rig? I’m thinking about getting one. No laws stopping me from having one in Poland luckily.

@IvW
What is, or was itended use of your 338, above? Hunting or target shooting?
(to me, 30 inch bbl and caliber, suggests, target shooting, but I could be wrong)
I must say, this is unique rifle. First time I see, a 338 Lapua mag, in hunting or weatherby stock.

@IvW
What is, or was itended use of your 338, above? Hunting or target shooting?
(to me, 30 inch bbl and caliber, suggests, target shooting, but I could be wrong)
I must say, this is unique rifle. First time I see, a 338 Lapua mag, in hunting or weatherby stock.
Well to make a long story short, it use to be a 460 Weatherby that a Spaniah client had built in the custom shop for his 18 day safari for numerous dg...after the hunt he gave me the rifle, not having the correct paperwork I could not keep it. He was most upset to say the least...we removed the barrel and I kept the stock and action. It sat around for a long time. I at first wanted to build a 404 Jeff on the action but just cound not get myself to do it on a weatherby action....

A rifle building company that specializes in 50 cal, 20mm and 338 lapua sniper rifles was consulted and we built the mugabe gun.....removed all the shiny crap that was on the stock and gave it some oil looks a lot better.. . The white spacers have to go though....

Long range paper and pest control (baboons) in orchards or rather the mountains surrounding the orchards and fields are the main fodder....just a fun gun...

But it is rather long....however very accurate....

A unique story, indeed! (y)

Is this an AI? How would you rate the accuracy of this rifle in comparison to a sport based long distance rig? I’m thinking about getting one. No laws stopping me from having one in Poland luckily.
It is an AI, I am running 285 Hornadys at 2915fps, sub .25moa is what I have seen from it when I do my part. That rifle system had the longest Sniper kill for a little while, over 1.5 miles.

Inline, I do not have the right to own this military chassis based rifle made in the USA. Laws are keeping me to own such a rifle in any country as a civilian or hunter. I totally agree, but nothing keep me from trying to duplicate the design in the photo . Since I am not able to duplicate that rifle , using the exact materials, barrels, scopes , loaded rounds or bi-pot. I am therefore not owning this rifle you refer to in the photo.

If any photo or picture or item is placed in the Internet domain it just mean that that item is available to every person in the world to use the photo, drawing or anything else that is uploaded on the internet.

It is my right to duplicate any thing I see on the internet...there is now law keeping me from it..

If you do not want me to make use of the photo /item/project delete it from the internet..since I use it for my own personal use and do not infringe on any copy right what so ever...

Please when you visit South Africa to hunt , do not shoot our game species ..it is ours , you do not have te right to them..bring your own game species to Africa to hunt them here, it is your right :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Actually it is made in England.

I have no problem sending you and dimensions you might need. This is a proprietary action made by Accuracy International. Might have a few issues with other than that. I can get you some pics of a design that might work well for you. Just let me know.

Don't worry I live in Texas we have all kinds of animals form your area here. (They do cost more to shoot here than there and bigger over there).

Actually it is made in England.

I have no problem sending you and dimensions you might need. This is a proprietary action made by Accuracy International. Might have a few issues with other than that. I can get you some pics of a design that might work well for you. Just let me know.

Don't worry I live in Texas we have all kinds of animals form your area here. (They do cost more to shoot here than there and bigger over there).
Inline you are more than welcome to visit me in South Africa..there are two great concessions a PH friend of mine runs and give good value to USA hunters,,,,I really need to work the dimensions out for myself in regards to the chassis I need to mill out from the Aluminum bar stick. I will only be using the shape of the rifle in the photo ...I need to build the chassis around my physique .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darrell572

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg