Rifle proof of ownership question

I've been to the Minneapolis office 3 or 4 times and walked right in with rifles in the hard case. Very friendly and helpful and they always seem to be thrilled I have the form filled out before coming in. Never have called ahead, just walk in. The part that takes the longest is BSing about big bores and African hunting with the officer who never shoots anything bigger than a whitetail and uses an AR10 in 308.

Minnesota nice!
I used the Customs office at the Humphrey Terminal, they usually don't do 4457 forms on Weekends turned out the Manager was a Chicago Transplant like Me so he told me to bring my Forms and Rifles in on Saturday and he would have his agents inspect the rifles and validate the Forms,,,Chicago Nice

after reading these post I am somewhat confused. I have been out of the country a few times and have never registered my camera,bino, with U.S. customs. and never was questioned about them. is this something new? Hope I didn't come of as hijacking the original post. Forrest

For the most part probably would never be a problem or questioned regarding binos or camera, but let some young, out of training, green customs officer check you and you could have a problem. Especially if you flew thru Germany and your bino were German made. As my local customs officer said to me...just get some green Atlanta customs officer and your problems begin, all common sense gone. Better safe than sorry. My customs officer gave me a handful of his cards, told me any problems..to have customs int Atlanta call him. When the customs saw his card in my rifle case and inquired about it, I told him what my customs said...he could not get me out of there fast enough, and with a smile on his face. Guess my customs being a Captain may have helped.

Areaonreal, Thank You. Forrest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you