Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Spitskop Safaris, SCI
Hunted
Spain, Portugal, South Africa, Namibia, Canada, Mozambique, Bulgary
Hi guys

I am travelling next month to South Africa like every year... and i have the same problem like every year... the difficulty to get a proper insurance for my rifles. Last years I have tried several posibilities, and no one really convinces me.

I want to get an affordable insurance, for a two weeks safari, covering if the weapon is lossed or stolen, or simply get any damage.

Do you have any suggestion ?? Sure many of you have dealed with this problem , and can give me the solutions you have got.

Thanks !!!

Jose

Jose, i have contacted my home owners policy insurer and have been told that is how my rifles are covered against, theft, loss, etc.
No idea if that helps you. I asked them twice just to make sure.

Jose, i have contacted my home owners policy insurer and have been told that is how my rifles are covered against, theft, loss, etc.
No idea if that helps you. I asked them twice just to make sure.

My home insurance covers them meanwhile the rifles are at home... but not travelling abroad, and only fire or stolen, but not damages.

Also i asked airlines insurance, and they cover a very low amout of money based on weight... so it is a ridiculous insurance, and they don´t allow to increase the insurance ( the airplanes are terribly damaging weapons in the airports...).

Jose

Try Mapfre, seguros de viaje.

I use Sportsman's Insurance for my firearms, scopes, binoculars, and bows. The insurance coverage is the most comprehensive I have found and I believe the cost is very reasaonable. I don't use my homeowers or NRA's at all because of this. SCI promotes this company. Sportsmans Insurance Agency, Inc

I use Sportsman's Insurance for my firearms, scopes, binoculars, and bows. The insurance coverage is the most comprehensive I have found and I believe the cost is very reasaonable. I don't use my homeowers or NRA's at all because of this. SCI promotes this company. Sportsmans Insurance Agency, Inc

i spoke with them...but they only accept US residents as clients
Jose

Jose,

I have had problems a couple of times with rifles going missing or being damaged hunting overseas. Westley Richards turned me on to Core-Vens who DSC also recommends. Tim Hartsock 563-242-5423. I had trouble with a claim before from another company. The Core-Vens policy is much more friendly than other policies I have researched.

INS

I use sportsmens INS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,