Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Spitskop Safaris, SCI
Hunted
Spain, Portugal, South Africa, Namibia, Canada, Mozambique, Bulgary
Hi guys

I am travelling next month to South Africa like every year... and i have the same problem like every year... the difficulty to get a proper insurance for my rifles. Last years I have tried several posibilities, and no one really convinces me.

I want to get an affordable insurance, for a two weeks safari, covering if the weapon is lossed or stolen, or simply get any damage.

Do you have any suggestion ?? Sure many of you have dealed with this problem , and can give me the solutions you have got.

Thanks !!!

Jose

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Jose, i have contacted my home owners policy insurer and have been told that is how my rifles are covered against, theft, loss, etc.
No idea if that helps you. I asked them twice just to make sure.

chemarq

AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
www.spiskop.co.za
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Spitskop Safaris, SCI
Hunted
Jose, i have contacted my home owners policy insurer and have been told that is how my rifles are covered against, theft, loss, etc.
No idea if that helps you. I asked them twice just to make sure.

My home insurance covers them meanwhile the rifles are at home... but not travelling abroad, and only fire or stolen, but not damages.

Also i asked airlines insurance, and they cover a very low amout of money based on weight... so it is a ridiculous insurance, and they don´t allow to increase the insurance ( the airplanes are terribly damaging weapons in the airports...).

Jose

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Try Mapfre, seguros de viaje.

Uncompahgre

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, NRA, RMEF & CBA
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Finland & USA
I use Sportsman's Insurance for my firearms, scopes, binoculars, and bows. The insurance coverage is the most comprehensive I have found and I believe the cost is very reasaonable. I don't use my homeowers or NRA's at all because of this. SCI promotes this company. Sportsmans Insurance Agency, Inc

chemarq

AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
www.spiskop.co.za
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Spitskop Safaris, SCI
Hunted
I use Sportsman's Insurance for my firearms, scopes, binoculars, and bows. The insurance coverage is the most comprehensive I have found and I believe the cost is very reasaonable. I don't use my homeowers or NRA's at all because of this. SCI promotes this company. Sportsmans Insurance Agency, Inc

i spoke with them...but they only accept US residents as clients
Jose

RichP

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI life member, FNAWS life member, GSCO life member, NRA life member, Mule Deer Foundation life Member, CA FNAWS life member, SCI SF Greater Bay Area life member, MZURI Safari Club-San Francisco
Hunted
Canada, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania 2x, Zimbabwe 2x, New Zealand, Spain, Turkey, Argentina, Mexico, and trips planned Zimbabwe June 11, Zambia October 11, Cameroon 2012, Tajikistan 2012, Zimbabwe 2013
Jose,

I have had problems a couple of times with rifles going missing or being damaged hunting overseas. Westley Richards turned me on to Core-Vens who DSC also recommends. Tim Hartsock 563-242-5423. I had trouble with a claim before from another company. The Core-Vens policy is much more friendly than other policies I have researched.

Blaserman

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
North Amercian Hunting Club , SCI Life Menber National , NRA Life Member
Hunted
Africa , Canada, Mexico
INS

I use sportsmens INS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltekeeto

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh