Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Went with Trevor Hansen on the Wave Walker out of Richards Bay in late April with my longtime PH, his son and son-in-law. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate but over three and a half days of trolling, we caught one blue marlin, three dorado (dolphin), two yellowfin and two kawakawa. Had two more hookups on marlin but lost them.
20180428_165509(0).jpg

Congrats. At least you were not skunked.

Fishing in poor seas and you still got fish.........you did ok.

This trip was on the long South Africa holiday weekend and as such arrangements had to be made far in advance so we knew weather was going to be a crap shoot. I have to give a shout out to my PH, Kobus De Villiers as he had bought my airline tix for me in advance and made all the arrangements for lodging, car rental and boat charter. I would also highly recommend Trevor Hansen. He told us that the month of March is usually the best month and that we caught the tail end of the season. I caught the largest fish of my life and had a great experience. I've done quite a bit of offshore fishing in the Atlantic and can vouch for and recommend Trevor as a true professional. He gave us the best chance to tie in to a marlin and catch other gamefish.

I saw you there , we were the boat moored next to you , congrats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!