Richard T. Cheatham Hired as Executive Director of Dallas Safari Club Foundation

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
(Jan. 15, 2019 - DALLAS) - Following an extensive search that began with the appointment of the Executive Director Search Committee in the fall of 2017, DSC Foundation is pleased to announce the hiring of Richard T. Cheatham as the executive director of DSC Foundation.

Richard-T-Cheatham.jpg

Richard T. Cheatham

As president of the DSC Foundation for the past two years, Cheatham has performed many of the duties and responsibilities of the executive director and has been a director of the Foundation since its formation.

Cheatham is a past president of DSC and is one of the founders of DSC Frontline Foundation. He served as president of DSC Frontline Foundation for the first three years of the organization's existence. He has been a Life Member of DSC since 2006 and was the chairman of the 2010 DSC Convention, First Light. Cheatham played an instrumental role in DSC's admission to the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and represented DSC at the 2016 World Congress of the IUCN.

Cheatham has been involved in the outdoors since his youth. He has hunted across the U.S. and southern Africa and has cultivated an outstanding reputation with the major professional hunting associations, NGOs and outfitters and guides around the world. He comes to the executive director position with stellar recommendations from the hunting and conservation community.

Cheatham obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting from the University of Texas at Austin and a Juris Doctor degree from Southern Methodist University in Dallas. He has been involved in the private practice of law in Dallas for over 35 years and has significant experience in the organization, governance and operation of non-profit tax-exempt entities.

Jim Tolson, chairman of the DSC Foundation Executive Director Search Committee, said, "Richard's experience, background and reputation in the hunting and conservation community, coupled with his history with DSC and extensive involvement with the Foundation, make him the ideal individual to lead DSC Foundation."

Cheatham begins his official duties January 15, 2019.

Source: Dallas Safari Club (DSC)

Sounds like a well qualified person! Good luck to him!

Richard was very kind to me last year when I met him. I wish him the best of luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veronica

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!