Rhodesia/Zimbabwe Loses A Bit More History & Tradition

plum tree.jpg

The shell of the Plumtree High School dining hall after it was gutted by fire on Thursday. The inferno is the second major fire incident at the school in two years

Mkhululi Ncube, Chronicle Reporter
PRESIDENT Mnangagwa has ordered the immediate reconstruction of Plumtree High School dining hall which was gutted by fire on Thursday.

The President yesterday sent two Cabinet Ministers to the school to assess the damage so that reconstruction work can start as soon as possible.

The inferno was the second major fire incident at the school in two years.

In 2018 a double storey hostel was reduced to a shell in a fire that destroyed property worth thousands of dollars. Plumtree High School is being used to quarantine Zimbabweans returning home from Botswana.

When the fire broke out at around 2PM, the Beit Hall that doubles as a dining hall was locked thereby ruling out speculations that the fire could have been started by individuals.

Minister of Local Government and Public Works Cde July Moyo and the Minister of Environment, Climate, Tourism and Hospitality Industry Cde Mangaliso Ndlovu were assigned to assess the damage.

“When the fire broke out I was at State House. The President and Vice Presidents were informed and I was then asked to visit the school together with Minister Ndlovu to assess the damage,” said Minister Moyo.

He said the school was a quarantine centre for Zimbabweans returning from Botswana and Government was committed to ensuring it remains a safe place to accommodate the returnees.

July-Moyo-680x380.jpg

Minister July Moyo

Minister Moyo said a high-level team from his ministry will soon visit the school and not only assess the damage but come up with estimates of resources required to reconstruct the hall. He challenged the school Alumni to also assist in the reconstruction work.

“I know that there are prominent Alumni that came through the school. Yes, Government will assist as well,” he said.

Minister Ndlovu who is also the chairperson of the Matabeleland South Covid-19 taskforce said they were concerned about the welfare of people quarantined at the school.

“We were worried about their safety and we want to thank locals who saved the classrooms. From what we heard but it’s still too early to conclude, we suspect the fire was due to an electric fault,” he said.

Minister Ndlovu said there is a need to do a fire risk assessment of the school so that similar incidents can be avoided.

School head Mr Sipho Khumalo said the fire burnt down the symbol and history of the school.

“The Beit Hall is the symbol of Plumtree High School. You cannot talk of Plumtree without making reference to this hall. When you talk of this school, the first thing you think of is this building. It’s a sad incident that will affect the future generations and those who passed through this school,” said Mr Khumalo.

Matabeleland South police spokesperson Inspector Philisani Ndebele said the cause of the fire was yet to be established. — @themkhust_ncube

https://www.chronicle.co.zw/ed-orders-plumtree-high-reconstruction/

Attachments

• July-Moyo-680x380.jpg
    July-Moyo-680x380.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:
Infact , today ... I dare say that the youth is far more problematic , than the youth of the 1960s and 1970s . Why ? Because of social media . It takes a minute ( Literally 1 minute ) for some " Social Media Celebrity " to post some thing untrue on ( For instance ) face book ... Which suddenly becomes viral and becomes believed by millions of young , impressionable minds .
It's not just the young impressionable minds. Just yesterday, footage came out of an incident in New York where a 75-year-old man was shoved to the ground by police. The man was injured, the police officers (in my opinion) acted excessively and in the wrong and have been suspended, and I hope they are dealt with appropriately. I also hope that the old man makes a full recovery, a head injury at his age is not a good thing (but I also put some blame on him, because he ought to know better than to get up-close-and-personal with a police officer, act somewhat aggressively, and put his hands anywhere near the officer's sidearm, which he did). But that's not the important part.

The important part, Major, is that many people (including, it seems, the news media) reported that "The police didn't even stop to help the injured man". My mother, who watches almost nothing but CNN nonstop all day long, said as much. The footage shows nothing of the sort. The footage clearly shows the same officer that knocked the man over with his baton stopping and kneeling next to him, possibly to check on him. The officer is then moved along by what I'm guessing is his commanding officer, who stops, gets on his radio to report the incident and call for medical help, and keeps directing the line of police (almost all wearing riot armor) forward, which is what they're supposed to do. You don't break the line, you don't break rank. Along with the police officers, you can see two US soldiers/National Guardsmen (one with a Milkor grenade launcher, the other with an assault rifle). Both the grenadier and the rifleman move to the injured man, the rifleman gets down, takes off his backpack, and provides some kind of aid. My guess is that the rifleman was a military-trained medic on station precisely in case they needed medical help, since none of the riot police seemed to be medics and in any case it's hard to help someone wearing riot armor. At least two other police officers are shown in the video standing over the injured man and the two military men and giving some help too. I had to point that out twice to my mother, using both the footage being shown on the TV and the same footage plus some more from another angle on my phone. I still had to remind her of it later because she parroted the narrative again.

The media flat-out lied about what happened, even with visual proof. They conveniently cut the footage to only show the part where the old man was injured, they didn't bother taking the truth of police tactics in mind, they simply ran with their constructed narrative that "Oh these violent police knocked a poor old man over and didn't even bother helping him!" and do you know how many people will just eat that up like ice cream and not even question it? And it's hardly the first time the media have latched onto sensationalism with their jaws and bit down as hard as they could...

no matter black, white, red purple or a martian, if you are breaking in, looting and burning things you should be arrested.
i think shot would be a more permanent and satisfying solution.

It's not just the young impressionable minds. Just yesterday, footage came out of an incident in New York where a 75-year-old man was shoved to the ground by police. The man was injured, the police officers (in my opinion) acted excessively and in the wrong and have been suspended, and I hope they are dealt with appropriately. I also hope that the old man makes a full recovery, a head injury at his age is not a good thing (but I also put some blame on him, because he ought to know better than to get up-close-and-personal with a police officer, act somewhat aggressively, and put his hands anywhere near the officer's sidearm, which he did). But that's not the important part.

The important part, Major, is that many people (including, it seems, the news media) reported that "The police didn't even stop to help the injured man". My mother, who watches almost nothing but CNN nonstop all day long, said as much. The footage shows nothing of the sort. The footage clearly shows the same officer that knocked the man over with his baton stopping and kneeling next to him, possibly to check on him. The officer is then moved along by what I'm guessing is his commanding officer, who stops, gets on his radio to report the incident and call for medical help, and keeps directing the line of police (almost all wearing riot armor) forward, which is what they're supposed to do. You don't break the line, you don't break rank. Along with the police officers, you can see two US soldiers/National Guardsmen (one with a Milkor grenade launcher, the other with an assault rifle). Both the grenadier and the rifleman move to the injured man, the rifleman gets down, takes off his backpack, and provides some kind of aid. My guess is that the rifleman was a military-trained medic on station precisely in case they needed medical help, since none of the riot police seemed to be medics and in any case it's hard to help someone wearing riot armor. At least two other police officers are shown in the video standing over the injured man and the two military men and giving some help too. I had to point that out twice to my mother, using both the footage being shown on the TV and the same footage plus some more from another angle on my phone. I still had to remind her of it later because she parroted the narrative again.

The media flat-out lied about what happened, even with visual proof. They conveniently cut the footage to only show the part where the old man was injured, they didn't bother taking the truth of police tactics in mind, they simply ran with their constructed narrative that "Oh these violent police knocked a poor old man over and didn't even bother helping him!" and do you know how many people will just eat that up like ice cream and not even question it? And it's hardly the first time the media have latched onto sensationalism with their jaws and bit down as hard as they could...
I must disagree with you on the old man. He is 75 and is old enough to know better than to try and impede police officers from doing what they are doing, and he was trying to interfere. If you do that you can expect to be dealt with physically. It was not good that he got hurt but it was his own damn fault.
You will note the rest of that group of officers resigned in protest over the firing and subsequent arrest of the two cops. One more thing that just annoys the bejabbers out of me concerning this incident. All I see is how the cops all just blew past him and left him there bleeding with no help. This is not true, I have seen the vid numerous times. One cop tried to reach down and assist, while the other pushed him ahead to face the melee coming down the street. But he himself stopped, got on his radio and I assume was calling for help for the old man, and was getting the squad up front to face the animals.

Last edited:
by Hannes WesselsA few days ago I watched graphic images of the burning down of the Beit Hall at Plumtree School. A beautiful old building built at considerable cost over 100 years ago by early Rhodesian settlers, through which future generations, involving hundreds of thousands of boys of all races have passed on their way to acquiring the knowledge that would ready them for the challenges of life. Apparently the fires were started by angry inmates under quarantine who had not been fed or afforded decent accommodation. I looked at the photos with enormous sadness and reflected on the fact that this was, in a sense a flaming finale to the process of destruction that commenced in 1980 when a magnificent country changed the shape of its government and its name to Zimbabwe.

Plumtree on fire.
At the same time, rioters were burning down American cities in the wake of the death of George Floyd, following his arrest by a Minneapolis policemen on suspicion of trying to pass a counterfeit $20 bill. Floyd had a history of criminal convictions and had served five year in prison for assault and robbery. The County Medical Examiner’s report has concluded he died of a heart attack not asphyxiation, that he had Fentanyl in his system, had recently used methamphetamine, had coronary artery disease and hypersensitive heart disease. However, footage showing a white policeman with his knee pressed into Floyd’s neck for nine minutes caused international outrage and triggered mayhem.
South Africa’s own Trevor Noah wasted no time in leaping into the limelight, emerging as a sort of ‘star of the show’ as he clambered atop the anti-‘white establishment’ media-bandwagon driven into a righteous frenzy by a Trump-hating press.
“Police in America are looting black bodies,” he cried. “Try to imagine how it must feel for black Americans when they watch themselves being looted every single day. Because that’s fundamentally what’s happening in America.” Asked what good looting does for the community and the country, Mr. Noah, replied: “What good doesn’t it do?” The thrust of his rants was quite clear; the wanton destruction was justified; the fact that the victims, both black and white, had nothing to do with the unfortunate death of George Floyd did not trouble Mr. Noah at all.
A few thoughts crossed my mind as I asked myself why the world reserves all its feigned fury for the relatively rare events when whites are responsible for the death of blacks. In America approximately 7,000 black people are killed in violent incidents each year and over 90% of those murders are committed by blacks. And where was the apoplectic media and ‘Black Lives Matter’ outrage when just under a million Tutsis were having their heads hacked off by machete-wielding Hutus in Rwanda. This colossal crime against humanity closely followed the mass riots in America after the beating of Rodney King by police in Los Angeles in 1992. But America, led by Bill Clinton, the UN with Kofi Annan then responsible for responding to the slaughter, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and virtually the entire world stood idly by and did precisely nothing. The international press paid a parting interest. Is it somehow acceptable if blacks kill blacks one has to ask?
And when it comes to police brutality the sickeningly sanctimonious Mr. Noah, who makes millions lambasting and lampooning the president of the country which hosts him might like to ask himself a few questions about how much of a ‘fascist’ and ‘white supremacist’ President Trump actually is. While he can run his mouth without any fear of state sanction, what future would await a white, conservative American comedian who tries to run a talk-show in South Africa belittling the president and the government he leads?
Unfortunately for us here in South Africa, Mr. Noah seems to have a lot less to say about tragic events in his homeland. Under draconian emergency regulations some 250,000 (mostly decent people) have been arrested and charged for breach of stupid rules put in place by a sinister, secretive, Command Council headed by former first-lady, Dr Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma, a woman who has played a leading role in the awful governance visited upon the country since the ANC assumed power.
Also, under this regimen, 12 people have died at the hands of the police or army in the process of enforcing the regulations. One man, Collins Khosa, was allegedly assaulted by a combined police and army detail in his home while entertaining friends, strangled, then slammed against a wall and a gate before being beaten with the butt of a machine-gun. His partner, has stated that after the detail left Collins was unable to walk, began to vomit and then lost consciousness before dying. The matter was investigated by the SA National Defence Force (SANDF) board, which found that the police and the SANDF had no hand in Khosa’s death.
Asked to comment, President Cyril Ramaphosa explained that: “They (the police) let their enthusiasm get the better of them.” Police Minister Bheki Cele fobbed the question off with an almost incomprehensible statement that, “if someone says I stole a chicken, it’s only an allegation”.
Against this ugly backdrop the ruling ANC has found the gall to involve itself in the Floyd death by calling on the Ramaphosa administration to “engage with the American government” through diplomatic channels to “diffuse racial tensions and build social cohesion among different races”. The statement continues: “While we note the action taken by American authorities in charging one of the officers who was caught on camera kneeling on an unarmed Floyd, it is equally concerning that incidents of police brutality against African American citizens are on the increase.”
What Mr. Noah won’t be telling his listeners is that the officer blamed for the death of George Floyd and three of his colleagues will be prosecuted, tried and if convicted, punished. However, this will not happen where he comes from.
Far from it. Here in SA it appears the Covid-19 health-alarm has been hijacked to suit a political agenda aimed at achieving the same goals set by the Mugabe regime in Zimbabwe. As arguably the most powerful person in the land, Dr. Zuma has referred to the concept of ‘class suicide’ recently. She was quoting from the political tenets of Amilcar Cabral. Cabral, a Guinean academic and anti-colonial activist, called for the elimination of the ‘upper classes’ as the only way of achieving a truly egalitarian society. Challenged by the opposition Democratic Alliance to explain herself, she refused to elaborate but the intent appears to be to destroy the white middle and upper class. Maybe a little more subtle than the methods adopted by Robert Mugabe, a man Dr. Zuma admired and supported, but the ends will certainly justify the means.
In all the above-mentioned situations and scenarios, the deeply troubling truth is that these motivations are underpinned by a heartfelt desire, by a class of people, to destroy whatever they surmise was built by white people. Just what they intend to replace it with when the whites have been eliminated and their structures destroyed is it not known to me but from what I have seen after a lifetime in Africa, I’m not expecting much.

http://africaunauthorised.com/

View attachment 352161

very well put spike

I would add to my post above. The old man got exactly what he and the other idiots were looking for, a photo op that makes the police look bad. Afraid I have no sympathy for him.

Two youngish adult licensed attorneys were arrested in NY for fire bombing a police car!! Judge cut them loose, a higher courts said, NADA. They were re arrested as they should be.

Google who paid their bail, and you will see the root of the problem.

I must disagree with you on the old man. He is 75 and is old enough to know better than to try and impede police officers from doing what they are doing, and he was trying to interfere. If you do that you can expect to be dealt with physically. It was not good that he got hurt but it was his own damn fault.
You will note the rest of that group of officers resigned in protest over the firing and subsequent arrest of the two cops. One more thing that just annoys the bejabbers out of me concerning this incident. All I see is how the cops all just blew past him and left him there bleeding with no help. This is not true, I have seen the vid numerous times. One cop tried to reach down and assist, while the other pushed him ahead to face the melee coming down the street. But he himself stopped, got on his radio and I assume was calling for help for the old man, and was getting the squad up front to face the animals.
I think we're actually very much on the same page, and your assessment is the same as mine about what happened with the other cops/the two military personnel actually helping the old man. You did mention, which I did not, that the resulting melee was the main focus of the riot police line, while the necessary personnel helped the injured man.

I do agree that the old man was at fault. If you're 75 in this country, and have lived here all your life, you're gonna have seen a thing or two (and very likely done a thing or two) about similar situations. He should damn straight have known better than to have acted the way he did, as I said. You simply do not put your hands near a LEO's weapon/beltline no matter the situation. Anyone who shows up to a protest like that and acts foolishly should be very well aware that your day can and will go very badly very quickly. The only reason I say that the two officers were in the wrong is that I believe walloping the old guy with a baton and knocking him backwards that hard (or so it appeared) was a poor choice of action, because it would not (and did not) have a good result. The melee afterward could have been avoided if alternative, but no less decisive, actions had been taken. I do not, however, blame the officers for their actions. I want that clear. I think they could have done something different and resolved the situation differently but this is not at all the same as the killing of Mr. Floyd, where the officers were 100% in the wrong in how they further handled the situation after Mr. Floyd had been subdued. I hope only that the whole situation is resolved in a positive way for all parties (even though we know it probably won't be).

But as I said, the important part is, as you said as well, that the media and others are shoving all the focus on the idea that the police just ignored a helpless, injured old man, which is just patently untrue. And that my 70-something year old mom, who even after seeing the footage several times and seeing me point out the reality behind the narrative, still ate it up. There are waaay too many people out there who aren't going to bother even questioning that particular narrative and will take it entirely at the cropped-and-edited "face" value that the media portrays.

(Also if the other cops present have resigned etc over the suspension/firing of the two who first engaged with the old man, my sympathies are with the city of Buffalo for having that many fewer LEOs in a time of need. I did not follow up on the incident since yesterday; I've really been trying to avoid too much blood-boiling content today. In fact I aborted three different posts on this thread in as many hours before I finally got some of my thoughts down in a decent manner.)

From what I saw, the cops only pushed the old idiot away with their hands, no weapons used, they didn't hit him, just pushed him back. The idiot was very tall, old and not well balanced, he fell over, he hit his head. I hope he survives, don't want to see anyone get killed over this crap. But he alone is responsible for what happened to him. He got in their face, they had other things to do besides dick around with some old professional protestor looking for a photo op. He got it and then some! More than he bargained for I suspect. No fool like an old fool.

From what I saw, the cops only pushed the old idiot away with their hands, no weapons used, they didn't hit him, just pushed him back. The idiot was very tall, old and not well balanced, he fell over, he hit his head. I hope he survives, don't want to see anyone get killed over this crap. But he alone is responsible for what happened to him. He got in their face, they had other things to do besides dick around with some old professional protestor looking for a photo op. He got it and then some! More than he bargained for I suspect. No fool like an old fool.
you will get old also,lets see how you do.

Already getting old, whats your point?

What has happened in Zimbabwe is really sad , what was once Rhodesia and a great example of a productive country is now nothing more than a poor third world country , and the question must be asked , who is suffering the most in Zim ?
The George Floyd issue is just pure madness instigated by people with a nefarious agenda in my opinion .
From what I have seen and heard George Floyd was a no angel and had a criminal background , the reason the police arrested him was on suspicion of a crime . From what I have seen of the footage of this incident there appears to be no intention from the police to kill this person ? It is very debatable as to whether the actions of the police was murder , but irrespective it seems all four policeman were arrested and locked up and already found guilty in the media .
I doubt they will get a fair trial either , but that remains to be seen .
In SA we have similar problems with certain organizations instigating racial hatred for their own agendas . We also have people that for no valid reason will burn down schools , clinics , community centers , etc to apparently make a point , but what point that is is yet to be determined , especially when they are burning down their own community facilities .
In SA we have some of the highest violent crime rates in the world with about 50 - 57 people being murdered every day and many other violent attacks taking place on innocent people daily , including armed robberies , vehicle hijackings and “farm attacks” .
In many of these attacks and murders it is innocent children and defenseless old people that are targeted , many of the victims being murdered , raped , tortured and mutilated .
Most of the victims are black and most of the perpetrators are black , but nothing is said and no issue is made here in SA or anywhere else for that matter , but even our government is speaking out about the George Floyd case - but say nothing about the 57 murders per day that take place here .
Recently we had a small 4 year old coloured child that was gruesomely murdered , apart from a news paper report nothing else was said , if compared to the George Floyd issue and the crazy over reaction and ensuing violence how does it even make sense ?
In SA the farm attacks are mainly seen as racist attacks on the white farmers as by far the majority of the victims are white , and in many cases torture and mutilation is involved , but the government denies the attacks are a problem and dismisses them as “normal crime “ . It definitely does not help that we have prominent politicians that are allowed to publicly sing songs calling for the murder of white farmers .
It should not be about race but about the behaviour , anyone that attacks , murders , rapes , tortures , mutilates innocent people is a primitive savage irrespective of their colour or creed , and the same should apply to people that intentionally cause destruction to innocent peoples property by out of control riots , looting and arson .
If I am being violently attacked the last thing I will ask is what colour / creed / culture the attacker is before I react as it is irrelevant at that time - it is about the behaviour .
But to those that use race as an excuse for violence , especially large scale orchestrated violence one has to ask what the real reason / agenda is ?

What has happened in Zimbabwe is really sad , what was once Rhodesia and a great example of a productive country is now nothing more than a poor third world country , and the question must be asked , who is suffering the most in Zim ?
The George Floyd issue is just pure madness instigated by people with a nefarious agenda in my opinion .
From what I have seen and heard George Floyd was a no angel and had a criminal background , the reason the police arrested him was on suspicion of a crime . From what I have seen of the footage of this incident there appears to be no intention from the police to kill this person ? It is very debatable as to whether the actions of the police was murder , but irrespective it seems all four policeman were arrested and locked up and already found guilty in the media .
I doubt they will get a fair trial either , but that remains to be seen .
In SA we have similar problems with certain organizations instigating racial hatred for their own agendas . We also have people that for no valid reason will burn down schools , clinics , community centers , etc to apparently make a point , but what point that is is yet to be determined , especially when they are burning down their own community facilities .
In SA we have some of the highest violent crime rates in the world with about 50 - 57 people being murdered every day and many other violent attacks taking place on innocent people daily , including armed robberies , vehicle hijackings and “farm attacks” .
In many of these attacks and murders it is innocent children and defenseless old people that are targeted , many of the victims being murdered , raped , tortured and mutilated .
Most of the victims are black and most of the perpetrators are black , but nothing is said and no issue is made here in SA or anywhere else for that matter , but even our government is speaking out about the George Floyd case - but say nothing about the 57 murders per day that take place here .
Recently we had a small 4 year old coloured child that was gruesomely murdered , apart from a news paper report nothing else was said , if compared to the George Floyd issue and the crazy over reaction and ensuing violence how does it even make sense ?
In SA the farm attacks are mainly seen as racist attacks on the white farmers as by far the majority of the victims are white , and in many cases torture and mutilation is involved , but the government denies the attacks are a problem and dismisses them as “normal crime “ . It definitely does not help that we have prominent politicians that are allowed to publicly sing songs calling for the murder of white farmers .
It should not be about race but about the behaviour , anyone that attacks , murders , rapes , tortures , mutilates innocent people is a primitive savage irrespective of their colour or creed , and the same should apply to people that intentionally cause destruction to innocent peoples property by out of control riots , looting and arson .
If I am being violently attacked the last thing I will ask is what colour / creed / culture the attacker is before I react as it is irrelevant at that time - it is about the behaviour .
But to those that use race as an excuse for violence , especially large scale orchestrated violence one has to ask what the real reason / agenda is ?

Yeah it would be interesting to see the reaction of people /media in usa..Europe. .Australia erc etc....if they were shown some of the videos I have been sent by friends in SA of black on black attacks.. in which some definitely end up in the death of the person.....rocks tend to be the weapon on choice. ...or fire...but as you said nothing is basically done....people know they will get away with it

what i said,lets see how you do as you get older,unless of coarse your perfect.
Well you still haven't said anything. And no of 'course' I am not perfect, neither is anybody. Whats that got to do with anything besides you just being cranky and apparently unable to make a salient point.
My point and I actually do have one is the old fart who got hurt was asking for it. He got what he wanted, his 15 minutes of fame, a good photo op, and damage to the police. He is a known leftist agitator.
This isn't about how well you or I age, its about stupidity.

Well you still haven't said anything. And no of 'course' I am not perfect, neither is anybody. Whats that got to do with anything besides you just being cranky and apparently unable to make a salient point.
My point and I actually do have one is the old fart who got hurt was asking for it. He got what he wanted, his 15 minutes of fame, a good photo op, and damage to the police. He is a known leftist agitator.
This isn't about how well you or I age, its about stupidity.
its obvious when it comes to humor,common sense,brains,im dealing with an unarmed person,so as im old and cranky,ill not waste anymore of my valuable time on this wasted conversation,over and out.

its obvious when it comes to humor,common sense,brains,im dealing with an unarmed person,so as im old and cranky,ill not waste anymore of my valuable time on this wasted conversation,over and out.
LOL. just remember who started this Eddie

It was also the youth of the 1960s and 1970s , who :
> Got hunting banned in India .
> Got fox hunting banned in Great Britain
> Made meat eating taboo in India
> Who are now pushing for more gun control in America .
> Who are pushing for a ban on importing hunting trophies in Great Britain .
> Who are pushing for a ban on importing hunting trophies in America .
> Who pioneered the trend of veganism in Great Britain .
> Who pioneered the concept of veganism in America .

They certainly built a society , indeed . But not certainly 1 that we enjoy ( At least I do not ) . And they are influencing the youth to fall under their sway ... And finish what they started .

In 1969 , India ... We all used to laugh when young Indira Gandhi was attempting to convince India's youth to despise hunters and go vegan . We treated her as a spoilt brat , who would NEVER succeed in influencing India's youth . Hunting , gun ownership and meat eating were core parts of Indian culture . That was our fatal error .
We underestimated the problem , severely . As young @Sam Kunal ( Who currently lives in India ) can attest ... Our fatal error cost India's hunting community , dearly . Because we all were optimistic that Indira Gandhi would never succeed ... That bitch and her thugs successfully indoctrinated 3 entire generations of people in my birth country , against hunting , gun ownership and meat eating .

In my country , we have a Bengali saying , " Saap er matha shathe shathe kathbe " .
In English , that translates in to " Cut off the head of the snake ...As soon as it hatches " . I believe that we need to identify and crush a problem ... While it is still small. Or else , we will suffer in the long run . In my case ... I have actually lived through an era , where not being able to recognize a problem ... Cost us dearly .

Fighting against racial discrimination and injustice ... Is a noble cause , in and of itself . My problem is this : The protestors who are not personally looting ... Are supporting the 1s who are . They are acting in solidarity with them .

Instead of going after Derek Chauvin ... They are going after police officers and Caucasians , as a whole .

Infact , today ... I dare say that the youth is far more problematic , than the youth of the 1960s and 1970s . Why ? Because of social media . It takes a minute ( Literally 1 minute ) for some " Social Media Celebrity " to post some thing untrue on ( For instance ) face book ... Which suddenly becomes viral and becomes believed by millions of young , impressionable minds .
I can certainly attest that most of today's youth has lost the true meaning of adventure. Adventure for them is limited to sky diving ,rock climbing etc. For me adventure would have been roaming in the jungles with a nice sxs dbbl gun just like my father and grandfather used to do. I am happy that we can still go fishing when time permits us. I still make the bait for fishing. I love the smell of the roasted ingredients . Earlier every Sunday used to be our fishing day. But it changed with the change of time. We still enjoy fishing. In any functions of our village I carry spare rod for my cousins. In an earlier function in my village we landed 30 kg fish of mixed species in a single sitting on a free day . I alone caught 8 kg.
However, I am greatly saddened by the state of affairs in my country. People are judged by what they eat. They are lynched for even carrying non-prohibited meat. There is unjust comparison between the two categories. People regard meat as rotten food. They say going vegan is the way of life. One should just not judge others due their eating preferences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katlyn74D

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,