Rhinoster Hoek Plains Game Hunting Special $4,500

WRudman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
Life Member ECGMA
Come join the Rhinoster Hoek family for the hunt of a lifetime with your partner on the 25 000 acre Rhinoster Hoek Ranch, home to one of the densest private kudu herds in the world, situated 2 hours NW of Port Elizabeth, in the malaria free Eastern Cape of South Africa.

Walk and stalk your way through dense bushveld, deep valleys and open plains and hunt quality plains game trophies as part of this hunting special:

7 days, 6 days hunting
1x hunter, 1x observer (1 on 1 hunt)

1x Trophy East Cape Kudu
1x Trophy Gemsbok or Trophy Blue Wildebeest (you choose)
1x Trophy Impala or Trophy Blesbok (you choose)
1x Trophy Cape Springbok
1x Trophy Common Duiker
1x Trophy Steenbok
1x Trophy Warthog
1x free non-trophy kudu (once all trophies have been bagged)

Outfitter: Warren Rudman (HC 43/2015 EC)
PH: Warren Rudman (PH 149/2015 EC)
Keegan Rudman (PH 148/2015 EC)

Included as part of this package:

• A free day trip to the famous Addo National Elephant Park for yourself and your partner (final day)
  • An extra trophy kudu bull may be hunted at less 20% trophy price ($736-00) for those with the kudu fever
  • Accommodation in the Rhinoster Hoek lodge, an old colonial style farm house
  • 3 meals per day and snacks (light breakfast, brunch and supper)
  • All soft drinks/water, beers and wine
  • Daily laundry service
  • Transport to and from Port Elizabeth airport (arrival and departure days)
  • Transport during the hunt
  • A professional hunter, skinner and tracker
  • Field preparation of all trophies
  • Hunting permits/licences
  • VAT included
Excluded from this package:
  • International and domestic air fair
  • Accommodation prior to and after the hunting period
  • Spirits (i.e. whiskey, rum, brandy etc.)
  • Any meat from animals hunted
  • All taxidermy costs
  • Dipping, packaging and shipping of trophies to the hunters final destination
  • Extra excursions that are not mentioned as part of this package
  • Rifles and ammunition ( may be hired at $50/day)
  • Staff tips and gratuities
Extras:
  • Extra hunting days may be added to the trip at $300 per day per hunter and $130 per day per observer
  • Extra trophies may be hunted at trophy price
  • Extra excursions may be organized at an additional cost
Cost: $4500-00

• 6 packages available from October 2015 - November 2016
  • A maximum of 2 packages may be booked for a single period to ensure we give you the best experience possible
m_IMG_0066.JPG
m_Leon van der Laan.jpg
20121212_134546.jpg
m_Picture 006.jpg
m_IMG_1849.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry typo error should read Oct 2015 - November 2016

Yes, this a nice price and hunt

even with the shitty conversion from the aussie dollar , that's a steal .........

And Gentlemen,

When Warren says there are Kudu there, he isn't joking!!!! I spent a couple of days on his place and absolutely loved it. It reminded me of West Texas, but bigger hills and valleys. You want to walk and stalk? Great place for it. You'll find your bull there for sure. The wide bull in my hunt report was on Warren's place.

I also took Wildebeest, Steenbok, and Duiker there. Want a big Steenbok? They are there as you can see from Warren's pics!

And the hospitality Warren and his wife give is outstanding. They even came by the lodge to check on @tarbe and my wives while we were out hunting and just to say hi. The girls really appreciated being looked in on.

DSC00817_resized.JPG
DSC01176_resized.JPG
DSC01166_resized.JPG
DSC00809_resized.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00817.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 137
Wow! What a deal . these will be sold quickly !

Holy cow!

Kathy and I were driving home from Dallas today and I was telling her I would consider going back to RSA just to spend an entire week at Rhinoster-Hoek.

I get home, and see this!

Do not snooze on this deal boys!

This post continues to reinforce South Africa is still one of the worlds best bargains for big game hunters. Good Luck with the bookings!

That is one hell of a deal. Too bad I am already booked and ready to go for Caribou about the Arctic Circle this year. Might have to check in on the next time it comes available in the next 2 years!

Very nice!

Thanks for all the awesome replies, some good interest been generated.

Rhinoster, are you set up with permanent blinds to bow hunt over water holes and salt ?
if so is it a good way to hunt ? I really like the East cape kudu. Thanks Forrest

Hi Forrest

Thanks for the reply and interest.

The east cape kudu is a beautiful, special animal, and a challenging hunt.

Firstly this particular package is not aimed at bow hunters, purely because of the time factor, it would be difficult to bag all these trophies with the amount of hunting days allocated to this package, that been said, extra days can be booked to lengthen the hunting period.

In regards to our bow hunting practices, we do not use blinds, nor do we make use of water holes or salt licks, fruit dumps etc to lure game in. We are purely into walk and stalk hunts and still hunting, which consists of sitting out in the late afternoon on game paths and waiting for the game to come out naturally to feed.
We have had success with this, and in particular some quality kudu have been shot by still hunting, as the natural cover in the thickets that the kudu inhabit provides a good natural blind. But obviously this can be time consuming as the game is not lured in.

We are definitely not trying to discourage you, but I just want to give you the facts on how we operate and what kind of bow hunt you would experience.

I hope this answers your question, hopefully we can accommodate you in some way.

Thanks again for your reply and interest shown. Warren

Warren, Thank you for all of your honesty ,True facts is what I want from the start. not get their and find out different. Forrest

Thats a Hot Deal

Warren, Thank you for all of your honesty ,True facts is what I want from the start. not get their and find out different. Forrest
Time consuming but not impossible

m_SANY0590.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!