Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe,Sweden
Report from News24 today.

Zim rhino airlifted to Botswana
Today, 05:50 PM News24News24 Correspondent
Cape Town - Zimbabwe is to airlift three more black rhino to Botswana within the next few days, a top conservation organisation said on Friday.

Five black rhino donated by the Malilangwe Trust were airlifted from Chiredzi in southern Zimbabwe to Botswana on Wednesday under a government-to-government agreement to boost conservation efforts, said the trust's executive director Mark Saunders.

The rhino have been "carefully selected to make sure there is no skewing in terms of sex ratios or age of our local population," Saunders confirmed.

A wildlife and veterinary team travelled with the rhinos, who will now live in the Okavango Delta.

"Malilangwe scouts and National Parks personnel were present at the [Buffalo Range] airport to bid them farewell," Saunders said.

State media reports that officials from Zimbabwe's state Parks and Wildlife Management authority have checked out the area the rhino will be living in and they believe the animals will be adequately protected.

Zimbabwe has around 500 black rhino and 300 white rhino. Five have been reported killed by poachers this year.

Interesting.

Should they get global rescue?

I think they just did.
I would not want to pay the premium on that one.

I wonder who footed the bill? Botswana?

I think it's a great effort, I just hope it works. Especially with the majority of hunting shut down in Botswana there won't be very many folks out there to keep an eye on them.

The kind of news I like to hear !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg