Rewilding America (your thoughts)

I/we saw a large black wolf standing on a bluff between Smith Center and McCook when coming back to McCook when pheasant hunting two years ago. It was pretty cool seeing it. But, I’m sure there’s more coming.

We get mountain lion from the western Dakota's so wolves for you are inevitable.

Pleistocene rewilding is nothing short of a preposterous idea. We know that with many of the iconic Ice Age species, the niches have long since gone and introducing novel species from Africa/Asia would cause much more ecological/logistical trouble than it's worth.

However, I'd be very down for rewilding of species across the West in a manner similar to Bubye or Save. You kinda have that with First Nation-led reserves like the American Prarie Reserve.

Red Leg observed "You must live in a civilized part of Texas. "
Depends on your definition of civilized.

My south fence is the north city limits of Farmersville and there were bobcat and coyote around the first few years we lived here - until my daughter got a dog the size of a small horse that could easily clear our five foot high yard fence. Most smaller critters do not like being charged by an English Mastiff, but she rarely bit anyone and he deserved the nip she gave him. Funny thing was that her bark could be heard a good distance away and folks no longer tended to park and hang around taking pix on the county road along the side of our north pasture. That dog was very protective of my daughter and wife. She has been replaced by a couple other protective dog breeds. The latest is a French breed black dog that looks like a leaned out German Shepherd and it would be fun to see her catch and kill a coyote. She is very fast and can just glide over our fences.

Looking over to Norway the wolf hybrids are a terror on the farm and woodlands, stalking school children at so e instances,but a joy in many a wallet.

Hybrids that in many occassions that was bouht by farms in Finland,Estonia, Russia snd in cooperation with zoo's.

One concrete example on that that is a bit Xfiles, one wolf shot under a license hunt, dna taken from the snow under it ( not legal for non gov etc to take dna fro carcass ,property of state ) that showed the same dna pattern of a park born wolf hybrid in Southern France. One of the Michelin pups as nickname are for them.

A Swedish billionaire and his friend was arrested charged for illegal wolf hunt ,or so they were belived to think.

In short the guy who is a forrest and build firm chain store owner also, he and friend was suppossed to have gone fro offices,gone home picked up guns and dogs, out in woods shot the wolf. Taken it back to the plant and incinerated the hybrid and removed all possible evidence of the deed in how long time you think it was ? Days ,weeks ?

No , 90 minutes in total it suppossed to be acc to da.

Well take that in context the now ex wife of his friend was nervous breakdown etc, jealous over that he could have another woman. She called the cops and made up the stuff months earlier,then a secret investigation tougher than many organized crimes combined it was done then.

They had already been plotting a case,since he was very against the way the state was treating rural lands and the watering out of forrest owners and land owners private property rights and much more.

She called and confessed she had made it up later after the arrest and they had been on the hard cell for weeks,not even organised crime gamgs get that kind of treatment.

Da said it was ok,but he was still pressing on ,he was going to get it done no matter what.

Well court day came and Da was almost laughed out by judge,made up things,inconclusive and no proper kind of evidence at all, just a hoax .

Sneak in elsewhere unwarranted surveillance of people ,it can be enpugh one can talk about th " Noblewolf " and one goes on a automatic no warrant list of phone warch and so on.

So justice system treat the Noblewolf higher than people,just like 8ish decades ago,and one see how that went in the world for many years on.

As part of rewilding, and Visent in European areas,and people wish wolf and lynx back in Scotland, swap out hunters with them there is likely the goal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross