Rewilding America (your thoughts)

CJW

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
I/we saw a large black wolf standing on a bluff between Smith Center and McCook when coming back to McCook when pheasant hunting two years ago. It was pretty cool seeing it. But, I’m sure there’s more coming.

We get mountain lion from the western Dakota's so wolves for you are inevitable.

tigris115

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Pleistocene rewilding is nothing short of a preposterous idea. We know that with many of the iconic Ice Age species, the niches have long since gone and introducing novel species from Africa/Asia would cause much more ecological/logistical trouble than it's worth.

However, I'd be very down for rewilding of species across the West in a manner similar to Bubye or Save. You kinda have that with First Nation-led reserves like the American Prarie Reserve.

crs

AH elite
Reaction score
Website
sheltontechnologies.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
CRS, NRA Patron Member, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Hunted
RSA
Red Leg observed "You must live in a civilized part of Texas. "
Depends on your definition of civilized.

My south fence is the north city limits of Farmersville and there were bobcat and coyote around the first few years we lived here - until my daughter got a dog the size of a small horse that could easily clear our five foot high yard fence. Most smaller critters do not like being charged by an English Mastiff, but she rarely bit anyone and he deserved the nip she gave him. Funny thing was that her bark could be heard a good distance away and folks no longer tended to park and hang around taking pix on the county road along the side of our north pasture. That dog was very protective of my daughter and wife. She has been replaced by a couple other protective dog breeds. The latest is a French breed black dog that looks like a leaned out German Shepherd and it would be fun to see her catch and kill a coyote. She is very fast and can just glide over our fences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWill

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?