Ike85123

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
None
America had lions,elephants, camels,cheetahs and alot of animals that are now gone. I've read the debates on this topic. Ranging from the animals helping the ecosystem to public safety to hurting current animal habitat.
What are your thoughts? Would you be in favor of an american safari within our national parks?

America had lions,elephants, camels,cheetahs and alot of animals that are now gone. I've read the debates on this topic. Ranging from the animals helping the ecosystem to public safety to hurting current animal habitat.
What are your thoughts? Would you be in favor of an american safari within our national parks?
Yeah, put it in Fort DC with the rest of the zoo

Regarding extinct species, one thing I would like to see is some of them cloned, e.g. mammoths, cats, cave bears, any from the Pleistocene where their M-DNA string is complete enough. Mammoths from the permafrost in Russia would be good candidates because there is a ready surrogate - the African elephant. No I wouldn't want to hunt them, just a glimpse into the long-dead past.

I
Regarding extinct species, one thing I would like to see is some of them cloned, e.g. mammoths, cats, cave bears, any from the Pleistocene where their M-DNA string is complete enough. Mammoths from the permafrost in Russia would be good candidates because there is a ready surrogate - the African elephant. No I wouldn't want to hunt them, just a glimpse into the long-dead past.
I have read a study about a dna code that could be used with the Asian elephant. Im sure it will happen sooner than later, if not already done in some secret lab somewhere? Lol

I

I have read a study about a dna code that could be used with the Asian elephant. Im sure it will happen sooner than later, if not already done in some secret lab somewhere? Lol
I'm sure the scientists could patch any missing strands with elephant ones. It may cause an aberration but then I know about such things about as much as I know about rocket science (triple entendre). Cloning opens up all kinds of interesting scenarios, like bringing back copies of ancient Egyptian kings, the Dodo, Moa, Tasmanian Tiger, the list goes on forever. The Chinese and Russians might want to bring back copies of their tyrants and that wouldn't be good for the planet.

A year or so ago I read that one of the Ivy League schools was going to have a living cloned mammoth within years. Not sure of the status of that.

Harvard....

Please NO we don't need any of those things cloned

I

“some secret lab somewhere?” Wuhan, China?

Have you seen “Jurassic Park”? It didn’t work out very well in the movie.

The worst part is it will cause an even bigger spike to pretty, shiny .45-70 prices.

We can't find our way out of a wet paper bag right now. Couldn't imagine what a mess it would be introducing African species at this point in time. Two words do come to mind, Goat Rope

I've always been in favour of bringing certain iconic species back to parts of their historic range. For example, reintroduce grizzlies and wolves to downtown LA, Hollywood, San Francisco etc.
Put their green values to a real test.

I have actually been interested in this for some time. There is still plenty of talk going on and if those jackasses want to put their money where their mouths are they need to do it and all of these animal rights groups should be pushing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glorianab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg