Review: Reed's Ammo & Research

clockwork_7mm_gator

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Gents,

I'm not one to sound off online, but figured a quick review might save someone from my experience. Weeks ago I ordered a box of 9.3x62 (286 interlocks) from Reed's. The ammo arrived with virtually all of the bullets seated at different depths and many severely canted. (Photos below)

If this was the attention to detail paid to seating, I worry about the care paid to powder. Multiple attempts to contact Reed's in writing went unanswered. I can deal with QC goofs if customer service makes it right. But weeks later, here we are.

Hendershot's will be getting my future business on custom stuff I can't load myself.

Screenshot_2021-12-22-14-18-54-1.png
Screenshot_2021-12-22-14-18-49-1.png

I wonder if something has changed over there. I read some good reviews and then ordered 100 rds of 458wm a couple years ago and it was all perfect. They were also always prompt with communications.

What a shame.

Simple explanation is that those are loaded to shoot kudu around corners! They probably are filling jobs with warm bodies like everyone else is, not an excuse for piss poor quality control

I can at least highly recommend Lance Hendershot's work. He has been developing loads and loading for my favorite rifles for the best part of twenty-years.

My one experience with Reed's was

Shipped bare bullets in a flat rate paperboard envelope. Got the envelope, no bullets. Someone else got the elevator. I got the shaft.
Never again.

Attachments

• thumbs-down-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif
    thumbs-down-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 53
In fairness to Reed's, after I said I was going to post a photographic review, they finally responded. They claim they responded to all of my previous emails... though I have zero messages from them in the chain itself or spam. (Spam or a block would make no sense as they could clearly respond to my last message that mentioned reviews and the BBB.) I am UPSing the ammo back to them. They say they're going to inspect it and, if defective, issue a refund. (I declined replacement ammo.) Assuming this all goes smoothly now, I'll be the first to give them credit for maling amends, albeit very late in the game, and still with no explanation of how they got out the door like that.

Will keep y'all posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.