Returning with empty brass

Areaonereal

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Any first hand experience why Qatar Air requesting if you have empty brass when returning flight. Not sure the reason but I was asked that questions upon my check in at Joberg last week. FYI…leaving Namibia on Airlink there is a fee for you firearm on your return to Joberg, was told 600 Namibia, but the lady on the collection end had us almost miss our flight trying to determine the “correct amount”, she was totally clueless…I offered the 600 Namibian but she would not accept without the correct amount, in addition although I had the confirmation numbers for my firearm it was not confirmed in her system. Finally she informed me the fee was 614 Namibian, I gave her 620 and hustled to my flight with minutes to spare. A Namibian dollar is about 7 cents US, so for .98 cents I almost missed the flight…forewarning have some Rand or Namibian funds on exiting if you are traveling with a firearm. OR Tambo looks like a ghost town, numerous shops and food vendors closed along with a few lounges. Some of the Out of Africa and Duty Free closed also. Loose checking of PCR test.

I do not think it is a problem if you’ve packed it in the ammo boxes and not loose. There may be a reason they are asking and it may be that it sets off the TSA swabbing.
I would not bring back empty brass.

Yeah, the Qatar lady asked me where my empty brass was and I answered "In the box with my ammo." Truly puzzled, I asked "Where else should it be?" She went on with check-in without responding. Perhaps this has to do with incidents where returning hunters have innocently had a piece of brass in their carry-on. :A Bonk: Just a courtesy check to prevent troubles at security.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katlyn74D

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,