AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
Good morning first I want to thank @sierraone and @Milehighshooter for contributing to my safe. I bought the 300 from sierraone a couple years back and I picked up a couple super grade stocks from milehighshooter when he had them for sale. Several of you here saw this stock on my bench when I showed a couple pics from progress on my 9.3 build and asked about it. So I finished restocking my post 64 model 70 300 H&H, all that is left to do is checker the stock and get it to the range. Now I just need to find a post 64 7x57 for the other stock I have stashed.

300.jpeg
300_2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful. What pad is that?

Great looking Stock

Looks great Dave! But I thought this thread was going to be advice about buying more 300 H&H’s! Lol. After Tim got his Ruger No. I 300 back from me I need to RESTOCK my safe with another 300 H&H No.1. I wonder if that rifle thinks of me as much as I think of it?

absolute thing of beauty @AZDAVE

Ive got to look into those big kick-eze pads.. I've been making HDPE spacers and using grind to fit decellerator pads.. the magnum decellerators are 1.2" thick.. having something just a wee bit thicker might eliminate my need to use a spacer on some of the guns I am working on..

Thank you all for the kind words.

@mdwest I like the kick-eze better as they grind better for me than the decellerator pads. I have had to use a thicker pad and sometimes a spacer too when working with factory stocks on some rifles to get my correct LOP.

Now as soon as it gets checkered you will be done. :D:rolleyes:o_O:whistle::whistle::D:D If you dropped that rifle onto that pad from more than a few inches off the ground, it might go into orbit!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Looks absolutely wonderful Dave.

Gorgeous wood! A classic chambering. What’s not to love. Excuse my drooling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindiac

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg