Researcher from the US

Catherine Semcer

Reaction score
Media
Articles
My name is Catherine Semcer and I am a research fellow with the Property and Environment Research Center and the African Wildlife Economy Institute. I study Africa's wildlife sector and have worked to increase public awareness of the valuable role hunting plays within it.

I look forward to learning from you all. Cheers!

Good to have you here. Welcome .
Bruce

Welcome to our forum.

Hello and welcome Catherine. Glad to have you here. AH is the best place around for learning and dialogue about africa’s wildlife and hunting.

My name is Catherine Semcer and I am a research fellow with the Property and Environment Research Center and the African Wildlife Economy Institute. I study Africa's wildlife sector and have worked to increase public awareness of the valuable role hunting plays within it.

Journal Articles of yours you can share?

Journal Articles of yours you can share?

A sample:

Conservationists Should Support Trophy Hunting
Why I joined 132 researchers in signing an open letter in Science Magazine
https://www.perc.org/2019/09/06/conservationists-should-support-trophy-hunting/

The Role of Hunting in Conserving African Wildlife
Catherine Semcer's testimony before the U.S. House Natural Resources Committee on the "CECIL Act"
https://www.perc.org/2019/07/18/the-role-of-hunting-in-conserving-african-wildlife/

Saving Africa’s Lions Will Rely on Evidence Around Trophy Hunting, Not Emotion
Hunting plays a major role in funding and protecting wildlife
https://www.perc.org/2020/02/06/sav...n-evidence-around-trophy-hunting-not-emotion/

Hello Catherine,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Also, thank you for your hard work toward bringing fact and reason, into the struggle against ignorance, naivety, hypocrisy, knee jerk emotion and child-like tantrums.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
Welcome. Catherine. After reading some of your papers and testimony it might be better put that I look forward to learning from you. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Welkom Catherine

Welcome aboard Catherine. Please forgive our apparent hesitancy to acknowledge your credentials. Academic "Trolls" are not uncommon. Given your publications you and your thoughts will be welcome with open arms. I'm sure you have heard the expression "You are singing to the Choir" we are the Choir. All of us need to do what we can to preserve Trophy Hunting or by another term Conservation Hunting.

Welcome aboard, @Catherine Semcer ! Thank you for having the courage to stick with the science and math. It's a breath of fresh air.

Welcome to the forum.

Catherine, welcome to the AH forum! I’m looking forward to your comments. This is the first time I have heard of PERC. I will be researching it more.

Welcome to AH Catherine! Nice to have you here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!