AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA (Limpopo), USA , CAN
They look great!

A question on the bases though. How did he get the grain to perfectly match on the African continent cutout as on the background piece? It looks as if its a perfect "pushout" matching the grain on two different levels.

Edge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
PA, NM, ND, Al, FL, MD, Eastern Cape South Africa, Zimbabwe x 2
Outstanding! And worth every penny! I’ll bet you dream of the hunt every time you see them!

Yes, I relive that hunt every single day!

What is the word on importing tusks just out of curiosity? Those are beautiful.

I believe a hearing or court date was pending end of April in regards to importation, imagine it has been delayed. Will see if I can find dig up any additional details.

Ed those look very nice, thank you for sharing the details of getting them made to the costs of getting them home. As a wood/metal worker please pass a job well done to the gentleman that turned crate wood into a nice set of bases!

My wife passed on your comments to him, replied “wow, one mention in a world renowned blog and I feel famous” !

He’s a good guy and his work is impeccable, we were honored he took on the project.

They look great!

A question on the bases though. How did he get the grain to perfectly match on the African continent cutout as on the background piece? It looks as if its a perfect "pushout" matching the grain on two different levels.

He’s good! He passed on to us “it is a push out cut with a scroll saw at about a 2 degree angle”.

postoak

Silver supporter
Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Patron Life member NRA
Hunted
U.S.A., R.S.A, Namibia
So your tusks remain at the taxidermy in Africa indefinitely? Are they charging a storage fee?

edward

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
safari club,nra,d.s.c.
Hunted
south africa and zimbabwe.alaska and several lower 48 states.
by the way,i also like the giraffe.

Edge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
So your tusks remain at the taxidermy in Africa indefinitely? Are they charging a storage fee?

I don’t believe Taxidermy Studios are charging for storage, mine are not in storage and on display. I may see them in person again next year, TBD.

Edge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
by the way,i also like the giraffe.

We found the Giraffe on my way to visit my brother in central Florida, they have all kinds of metal/painted animals including full size lions, tigers and bears...oh my!

They had a full size Zebra and foul, just about any animal you can imagine except a leopard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LQUVeda698

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.