Report Scam in AH Classifieds

Some hamhock scammer approached me via PM a week or so ago to sell me something that he had seen me talking about. I forwarded his PM to J. He is gone.

Bingo!

I recently reported a scumbag log-in name listed on this thread & I did it quickly, after one exchange I contacted AH (J) w/ screen shots & “their locker was swiftly cleaned out.”

Key Point: there are very easy indicators on their acct & via the PM dialogue that flag malicious intent - prompt notification to the AH Team & allowing the Decision Makers a proper review/assessment is the best medicine for protecting members & keeping the roster clean.

Last edited:
I think what bothers me even more than the seller-scammers is the subtle (and not so subtle) anti hunting trolls that pop up. ......FWB

I just sold a rifle and provided the gentleman with my phone number to call which he did the next day. I asked him what proof he would like and he asked for today’s newspaper, well I haven’t read an actual news paper since the last time I contacted someone on a pager so I told him I’d put my CHL on the gun at a location of his choosing. The CHL has the same address where payment was to be sent. Not fool proof but I don’t think we are dealing with guys that can count their balls and get the same number twice.
Thanks Jerome and Brickburn for running a tight ship!

Scammer on this forum

So, there is a sorry ass scammer lurking on the forum. He got me for $240. I knew better, so I have only myself to blame. I’ll show you how he did it, so everyone can be better prepared to not do business with him. I posted on the reloading forum, inquiring if anyone had any 416 Taylor dies for sale. I got 2 responses, one legit the other the scammer. The legit one occurred on the forum site. I got the following sent to my email from the scammer:

AfricaHunting.com [redacted]
To​
jayterrell [redacted]
solitec365 started a new conversation with you at AfricaHunting.com.
416 Taylor Dies
Have you checked with Kristie via kdxoxc@ outlook.com .He has a 416 Taylor Dies he wants to part with.
View all your conversations​
Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.
This message was sent to you because your preferences are set to receive email when a new conversation message is received. Stop receiving these emails.

I responded to kdxoxc@outlook.com. asking if he had any 416 dies for sale. His response:

Diaz Eval (Kdxoxc@outlook.com)To:you Details Slideshow

Hi Jay ,

Up for sale is a RCBS 2 pc FL 416 Taylor dies

38 pcs total of 38 win mag and 458 win mag brass (all Winchester) reformed to 416 Taylor.

Where are you located ?

Respectfully,

Diaz E

I Zelled him the money and his response:

Diaz Crawford
(Kdxoxc@outlook.com)To:you Details

Shipping out this weekend

Ill send you the necessary tracking details

Of course when he got the money, he was no more. Live and learn. In the end, it is just chump change. So if you are buying, don’t respond to any fake emails from African Hunting.

Sincerely, Jay Terrell​

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you @jayterrell for reporting this scammer @solitec365 who has just been banned, I'm sorry to hear that you've been a victim. This scammer was operating in the PM, once again NEVER EVER EVER respond soliciting you directly in the PM system and report them to me immediately, thank you.

A large percentage of scams are happening behind the scenes in the PM system.

One of the biggest red flags seems to be the scammer approaching us ALWAYS refers the interested party to a third persons email, who always has just what you are looking for.
This goes on on another forum I visit as well, lots of scum scammers out there and they do have a formula approach.
On the other forum, the scammers often start out with "Hey mate!" "Just reaching out as I saw your want ad, and just email ****************, he has just want you want, mate. Just helping out!"

A BIG THANK YOU to all of the members who have taken the time to report to us scammers operating in the PM system. It helps a lot to flush these bad actors out so please continue reporting them as it makes our community better and safer.

I got one of these the other day through our PM system.
703D0582-1D84-4093-843C-6FE4A039C049.png

Even if the guy (minellix) was not a scammer SOLICITATION in the PM system is not allowed.
You will note that this guy was banned shortly after a repeat performance.

You will have to screen genuinely helpful folks from the scammers.

"White32" responded to my WTB with exactly what I was looking for, and he even provided photos... taken from another listing, with a new background photoshopped in. He's clever enough to have been posting too. His account needs to be closed.

"White32" responded to my WTB with exactly what I was looking for, and he even provided photos... taken from another listing, with a new background photoshopped in. He's clever enough to have been posting too. His account needs to be closed.
Thank you for taking the time to report this account as it helps our community tremendously. @White32 has been banned.

I think I found another scammer! These people disgust me...below is a snapshot of him referring me to another....over ammo at that! Getting desperate!
Fist snapshot is Mark Zuc referring me (after getting suspicious i see that he just joined YESTERDAY!) and after several back and forth emails with the email person he referred me to (probably himself) I realized the way he worded his sentences was not normal and when I asked for his phone number you can see my last interaction with him ! Be careful folks!! Tom
Screenshot_20220731-071048.jpg
Screenshot_20220731-071329_Email.jpg

I think I found another scammer! These people disgust me...below is a snapshot of him referring me to another....over ammo at that! Getting desperate!
Fist snapshot is Mark Zuc referring me (after getting suspicious i see that he just joined YESTERDAY!) and after several back and forth emails with the email person he referred me to (probably himself) I realized the way he worded his sentences was not normal and when I asked for his phone number you can see my last interaction with him ! Be careful folks!! TomView attachment 480114View attachment 480115
Thank you for taking the time to report this account as it helps our community tremendously. @Mark zuc has been banned.

Now as Mewe struck down and removed a number of gun sale groups ,officially due to scammers ( but it is more behind it ) , so they pop up around elsewhere all the time also.

Buyers beware… scammers are everywhere

Good afternoon AH.
I’m backing out on this purchase, buyer beware.
- Red flag #1 Seller says he only accepts Zelle, FYI there is no fraud recourse there and it’s direct from your bank account so there is no disputing the charge if you never receive the binos.
- Red Flag #2 The Zelle account is in his “son in laws name”, not his own.
- Red Flag #3 I asked for a phone number to I talk to him prior to sending funds, he gave me a number with a Connecticut area code but said he is only available for text. His profile says he is from Vermont
-Red Flag #4 he started DMing me again when I text him I still needed to talk over the phone, saying his “texts aren’t working anymore, and what do I need to know”
-Red Flag #5 the Voicemail for the number is automated and goes directly to VM when called.

I’ve been buying and selling for a long time online.
This is a scam.
Even if the account is an established one, it likely was compromised and is being hijacked by a scammer.
I reported the post and it has been deleted, but here is a screenshot of it prior to it being removed.
14332459-6F84-4560-B1AA-F3B80E667B40.png

@hoguer
Good Call.
I deleted the thread. (I just went back to ban the account and J got him already.)
Here is the EXACT IMAGE posted on "Snipers hide" in 2019.
Simple Google Search....

Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 14.28.59.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,