Report Scam in AH Classifieds

Be aware guys, the scammers are on GB now too. Had a buddy just win an auction and the guy wanted payment through velle or venmo only and it was going to a different person. Buddy reported it to GB, but know that it is going on there as well.
I recently sold two items on GB and IIRC, direct payments like PP, Venmo, etc. are against the gunbroker rules for sellers.

That is what I read also. Its a good thing, as it keeps Uncle Sam from having a wandering eye into transactions that they can look to collect tax on.

I received a PM for a Wanted post I listed yesterday. Seemed weird the way he said to reach out to someone else via email. I Googled the email address and saw others reporting the emailer as a Scam. The price is obviously a little too good to be true.

Attachments

• scam.jpg
    scam.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 119
I received a PM for a Wanted post I listed yesterday. Seemed weird the way he said to reach out to someone else via email. I Googled the email address and saw others reporting the emailer as a Scam. The price is obviously a little too good to be true.
@bobdahunter84, Thank you for reporting this account, @kinlimo23 has been banned.

A month or so ago on a classified thread here on AH for bullet sales, I posted what I wanted to purchase. Immediately got a message from another "member" about contacting another "member" who also had said bullets. Let Jerome know and those two were gone quickly. Amazing the extent that scammers go to.

vandingmax724 is a scammer. Received a USPS money order a week ago...no contact since and no response to requests for info. Later checks shows phone number doesn't jive with address...probably stole someone's identity as well...

vandingmax724 is a scammer. Received a USPS money order a week ago...no contact since and no response to requests for info. Later checks shows phone number doesn't jive with address...probably stole someone's identity as well...

Could you please elaborate a bit more on this. Who received the USPS money order, you or him? If it's you, can you cancel it? What was this transaction for?

I sent the USPS money order to vandingmax724 for a scope. Trying to get USPS to investigate as a stolen money order, going to cost me more money and take up to 60 days.

@Ptero, I just looked up @vandingmax724, and I couldn't find any advertising from him. So, did @vandingmax724 reach out to you, how did you find out about the scope? I'm asking so we could all learn and look for signs. Please give us as all the information you have. Have you thought reaching out to the LE in that area? You do have an address.

I had a WTB listing for a scope ( yeah , I know...) and the individual reached out to me, sent me pics and contact info. Yes, I contacted local law enforcement, yes, I contacted USPS and yes I have an address...to a 19 year old girl in a different state than the area code of the phone. I should not have been so trusting to begin with, I am in law enforcement, but after I smelled a rat, I went into professional mode and found all the discrepancies.

@vendingmax joined in April, had zero credibility here. He's still listed as a member. Report this to the admins.

@Ptero, thank you sir for the additional information. No, I'm not here to judge or to lecture anyone. I was a victim too, and the phucking scammer took me for over $900. Good luck and I hope you can recoup your money.

One thing on phone numbers, in today's world of everyone having a cell phone that carries the area code for where they activated it you can't go by the area code as to where they live.

They get that phone number assigned to them and it stays with them for as long as they carry a phone contract with any of the cell companies. I have a number of friends who live here in Colorado but their phones have area codes for all over the US.

Or you get those texts by "mistake", and then they want to be your friend, and 99.9% of the time they are Asian looking. :ROFLMAO:

@vendingmax joined in April, had zero credibility here. He's still listed as a member. Report this to the admins.

Just read this. GONE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrederickD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross