Report Scam in AH Classifieds

Heads up, member "black tail" is a scammer. He hit me up via PM on my Kimber WTB ad. He's asking cashapp, has gunshow photos, and his phone number goes to google voice. PM'd a mod here, hopefully they can hammer him. He's not even a smart scammer, I've been wasting his time and letting him think I'm busy setting up his payment now lol. I swear these guys get dumber by the day Will attach further photos for his humiliation as the conversation continues.

IMG_0331.png
IMG_0330.png
IMG_0329.png
IMG_0328.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up, member "black tail" is a scammer. He hit me up via PM on my Kimber WTB ad. He's asking cashapp, has gunshow photos, and his phone number goes to google voice. PM'd a mod here, hopefully they can hammer him. He's not even a smart scammer, I've been wasting his time and letting him think I'm busy setting up his payment now lol. I swear these guys get dumber by the day Will attach further photos for his humiliation as the conversation continues.
I knew it!! @BRICKBURN

He joined a year ago but just started posting. Plain vanilla posts and on a lighter note to run up his reaction score. Also limited who could view his profile. Classic scammer behavior

Last edited:
Yep, limited profile is dead giveaway among other things. His English language skills are pretty awful as well. Thinking he's seen this post by now, as he has stopped texting me back lol

Doubt it does much good since he's using a fake number from Google, but for anybody else out there who might google it, his scam phone number is 573-851-1116

Last edited:
Yep, limited profile is dead giveaway among other things. His English language skills are pretty awful as well. Thinking he's seen this post by now, as he has stopped texting me back lol

Doubt it does much good since he's using a fake number from Google, but for anybody else out there who might google it, his scam phone number is 573-851-1116
Let me guess, another Nigerian Prince(ss)? LOL

@black tail has been banned. Thank you for reporting this scammer.

I should know better, but I got contacted by a scammer this morning on another site. First stupid thing I did was posted a "Want to buy". Never do this, you're begging for scammers to contact you. I wanted to buy a fly line for less than MSRP.

The scam method (it happens here too) is always the same. It reads like this in broken English:

"My father/brother/cousin/mother/friend has the item you want in good condition. Their email address is scamaroni@youaskedforit.org"

It's always a ploy to move you out of the monitored PM system of a hunting/fishing site and onto the unmonitored email inbox.

I'm annoyed at myself for asking the Internet for something knowing full well this was going to be the conclusion. I'm going to pay for retail (overpaying $20) for a fishing line now because I can't stand getting these scam requests.

Beware of this common scam that occurs frequently on this forum and all others. Never ask for a widget-thingy as a Want To Buy thread. For every legitimate person that legitimately says "yup, I've got one" you're going to get ten scammers showing you pics of said item they found on the Internet.

Don't feel bad anyone. I almost got scammed selling my high end stereo via Facebook Marketplace. Had to cancel my Zelle account but fortunately I didn't loose any $'s. And the buyer was such a kind looking, grey haired senior fellow! Arggggg.

Don't feel bad anyone. I almost got scammed selling my high end stereo via Facebook Marketplace. Had to cancel my Zelle account but fortunately I didn't loose any $'s. And the buyer was such a kind looking, grey haired senior fellow! Arggggg.
Ageism won't save you. Crooks are all shapes and sizes, including little old ladies.

Ageism won't save you. Crooks are all shapes and sizes, including little old ladies.
Yeah, if they look like a crook they are not any good at it…..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross