AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
For anyone looking at them I meet up with paul there on the last trip with tootabi.I will be having them do some mounts and dip n pack of the animals from the last trip.The place was clean and well kept up.
The work is as good as I have seen come out of SA.Paul even came over on his day off to show us around.
He had just about ever animal we needed to see hanging up to view in the main room.
From life size stuff to shoulder and peds. mount to just skulls all were well done.

Viewed worked in all states of finish and all were clean and looking very good.I was glad to see the work matched the pic's on his facebook page.He did not just take pic to post of his best work they all look great.

Now the wait is on for getting it to him and getting the work started.

Good info Bill....the taxidermy part of the trip is perhaps the most nerve-wracking part. Lots of $$, very little control after the decision on vendor is made! So the vendor selection is key!

Yes tim it is and I am really picky about the work I have done.I look at mounts as art work for the must part.With taking so many animals I must look at quality but price also.Is the work better in the states I would say yes if you use one of the top guys.Pauls work is as good as I have seen come out of SA and right up there with must in the states.The difference for the dollars spent make it a wash in my eyes.
I had talked with 5 guys who used him in the past all were happy.Seeing it for myself gave me no doubt I will be happy also.
I will still have some work done here in the states by wes good wildlife studios as getting them all done at once will not happen.I think I came up with 18 animals in the salt with some life size stuff to do also.It will take me years to get it all done for sure.All the guys who went with will be using relive for mounts also.

Thanks for the report billc.

For anyone looking at them I meet up with paul there on the last trip with tootabi.I will be having them do some mounts and dip n pack of the animals from the last trip.The place was clean and well kept up.
The work is as good as I have seen come out of SA.Paul even came over on his day off to show us around.
He had just about ever animal we needed to see hanging up to view in the main room.
From life size stuff to shoulder and peds. mount to just skulls all were well done.

Viewed worked in all states of finish and all were clean and looking very good.I was glad to see the work matched the pic's on his facebook page.He did not just take pic to post of his best work they all look great.

Now the wait is on for getting it to him and getting the work started.
Thanks for that info! I was planning on using them next year for my plains game hunt.

How are you having your son's lioness mounted and by who?

Billc thank you for the report. As Tarbe said a lot of money goes towards this part of the hunt. Checking out the shop is great if you can do it.

Going to do a life size warbird.Not sure if I am going to have relive do it or wildlife studios back home here.Paul at relive does some of the best lions I have seen anywhere.So all about how much it will all cost and over what time frame I do everything at.This taxi bill is going to hurt but I love to see mounted animals and it is all art work to me.

Theoretical Lion importation question guys... Once a lion is harvested and I assume documented, are we safe from that point to have it shipped to the USA even if a restriction were to be put on them by usfw? Such as the elephant closure this year.

What I'm leading up to is, would it be assumed safe to leave the trophy in RSA for taxidermy that might take up to year, or would it be advisable to get it dipped, packed and shipped out ASAP.

don't know about in the states ,but in Australia its looking to be closed for lion importation soon , theres talk about the end of this month !!
im trying to get in touch with a mate that in the know ,but its 1130 pmn here now and ive only come back into service in the last half hour .
if it does get banned over here that soon , I pray they have enough sense to let 'pre date ' animals in to oz .

I am not sure but think if taken before any ban is in place it will be ok.Also remember the ban did not affect SA with the ele ban either it was other countries that got screwed over by some people who have no idea.I hope and think we have a few years before anything major happens.I am not sure if anyone really knows what will happen down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!