REPORT: Good and bad experience with South African Taxidermist

Brian

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
BullsEye Taxidermist in Limpopo is the best taxidermist that I have used. Craftsmanship and artistic presentation is outstanding. Service, helpfulness and price is as good as it gets. They are pretty quick too. I highly recomend Bullsye and have a Cape Buffalo with them now. Brian

I had a very bad experience with Trophex Taxidermy several years ago. Spoiled some hides, switched Kudu horns from trophy to average and their attitude seemed indifferent. I kept photos of all their mistakes and poor work. I could not recomend them. Brian

I have heard good things about Bulleye taxidermy too, too bad on the Trophex Taxidermy.

I have heard good things about Bulleye taxidermy too, too bad on the Trophex Taxidermy.
Yes, the trophies can be quite important and it cast a shadow on the whole hunt experience if you have to argue with a taxidermist for several months over bad work/service. Dealing with BullsEye was a real positive experience and their trophies are stunning.

Bulleyes was on my shortlist of guys that I liked the work they did.

You have any pictures of your mounts they did for us all to see.

Bulleyes was on my shortlist of guys that I liked the work they did.

You have any pictures of your mounts they did for us all to see.
I will get pictures up here, asap.

thats great I love seeing animals guys have got to take and the mounts afterwards

Hope this works:
This is the old bull that is featured in the story in next issue of African Hunting Gazette called Abrahams Grin. He was so old that his hair was thin, he was turning gray and one kidney was gone.
I will try and get a picture up, of him on the ground. (This bull was shot with a 375H&H, 300gr. NorthFork Cup Point Solid at 22 paces. He was facing and the bullet went through the heart and stopped in the gut. He ran 35 yds. Good bullet.)

DSCN3360.JPG
DSCN3361.JPG
DSCN3362.JPG

Yes Brian love to seeing the pictures! Glad you had better luck this time.

Sorry for the duplication. Still struggling with upload process. The Buffalo was done by BullsEye. Brian

That's cool! I don't think I have seen back skins behind a shoulder mount like that before? Nice!!!

Thank you. I got that idea from African Dawn Hunting Safaris in Limpopo. I didn't have a Cape buffalo hide so I used a Wildebeest hide. (African Dawn is a wonderful place. I highly recommend them.)

Sorry for the duplication. Still struggling with upload process. The Buffalo was done by BullsEye. Brian

No issues Brian. Craig is good at his job.

Brian.....you have a great place there.....I realize also about the back skins behind the shoulder mounts.....I will try......!!!!
Sorry about your bad experiencie with the others....!!!

Thanks.

very nice mount.That was one old warrior

Brian.....you have a great place there.....I realize also about the back skins behind the shoulder mounts.....I will try......!!!!

Thanks.

Thanks.
Thank you, The bad experience was just one time. Getting along in Africa is a learning experience, isn't it.

very nice mount.That was one old warrior
He really was wonderful old bull. The short story, Abraham's Grin, in next issue of African Hunting Gazette is about hunting him.

That really is one nasty old bull! Great mount and what a great Wall overall. Everything just fits perfectly.

That really is one nasty old bull! Great mount and what a great Wall overall. Everything just fits perfectly.
Thank you for your kind words. The bull had a huge body and massive boss. It was a very exciting hunt with a few humorous moments. See Abraham's Grin in the January 2015 issue of African Hunting Gazette.

Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg