REPORT: Estelle Nel Taxidermy

Wayne Woodside

Reaction score
They have had my trophies for 21 months and still do not have all the necessary export permits. They have offered one excuse after another. My hunting buddy is having the same problems. I advise not to use Estelle Nel Taxidermy

Has your Outfitter attempted to assist you to resolve this?

good luck getting it worked. Your one of a few dealing with this problem it appears with the same outfit.

I feel so sick for a hunter who can't get his trophies done and shipped.

I got a reply email this morning and they are aware of the thread.

Last edited:
I just wonder if this outfit is still using this place services yet or has moved on. Would scare me if they still use this place with all the bad info as of late. Seems like most problems are from a few years ago so maybe they are telling there hunters to use another place.

According to the shipper all the permits must be applied for by the taxidermist. It all falls back to Estelle Nell Taxidermy

The Shipper is spot on.

The taxidermist requires the PH register and any other hunting permits for "special" critters (if any) from the Outfitter to arrive with the trophies.
The taxidermist must apply to Nature Conservation for export permits and get Vet inspections done.
Call the Crating/Shipping company and arrange pick up/crating and shipment.

Philip Glass just had his Safari in Namibia delivered to him in the US within a few months from the Safari's conclusion.

This is my most hated part of the whole "Safari" process.
The paperwork side of the process:

1. PH - PH Register - the list of stuff you shot, where and when.
  2. Outfitter - Special Hunting Permits
  3. Dip& Pack/Taxidermist - Export Permits, Veterinary Inspection Certs.
  4. Shipper - Crating/ Scheduling/ Consolidating
  5. Import Broker - run the paperwork gambit for you at home.
  6. Government inspectors - Customs to Food Safety
  7. Local Shipping - the last leg to your place or your taxidermist at home.

This is the image that always comes to my mind when the list of excuses starts.

:A Me You:

1. The PH furnished the taxidermist the PH log of all animals shot.
2. The Outfitter furnished all permits.
3. The taxidermist has not furnished all the export permits this is what has been going on for months, one permit at a time.
4. Crating has been done for sometime by the taxidermist.
5. Shipper is waiting on complete paper work from taxidermist
6. The rest can not be done until shipment has arrived.

:A Me You: Taxidermist and Nature Conservation.

Processing permits one by one sounds pretty suspect. No matter, it leaves you without your trophies and a bunch of excuses to swallow.

:A Argue:You got to love the run around :whistle::whistle::whistle::A Deal::A Sting:

If all paperwork was submitted(PH register, outfitter documents and all hunting permits for animals that require them) then something is wrong. Only reason I can see is that original paperwork is not in order. Export permits do not get done one, all documents get sent in one batch.
As a matter of interest did you hunt any animals that required a special hunting permit BEFORE you shot the animal?

What a mess. I really feel for you. I would be livid! Knowing myself I would fly back there and make sure they get it done in front of me! Good excuse to visit Africa again.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlinegambling-review

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you