Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
life member NAHC NRA
Hunted
US, RSA, ZIM
As I am new fairly new to this forum I hope that you guys aren't tired of my questions yet. I the guys I hunt with and my gunsmith are mostly varmint hunters and or long range shooters, so the info that I get from this forum is nearly priceless for my Africa adventures.

My query for the day is. I am building my 416 Rigby on a rem. 700 action. To beat someone to the puntch, I know it is not a CRF but I have been shooting rem. 700s and 7s since I was 12 so it is the gun I am most comfortable with. Back to the question, is a BDL stock strong enough to take the recoil of a Rigby? The pistol grip seems much thinner then a CZ that I have been shooting for someone else. I prefer wood but would synthetic take the recoil better?

I'll throw my two cents in and say have it built on a synthetic stock. They take a beating a lot better than wood. And synthetic stocks...for me...feel better in my hands..the best stocks are usually bedded well out of the gate and shoot very excellent. I like wood too...but would go with the synthetic.

I agree with enysse - go with synthetic. Hogue makes a good one with a full-length aluminum block. My favorite is the H-S Precision - I've owned 3 of them and all were great.

Theres a guy in New York that bought a bunch of 700 stocks from Remington's custom shop. I bought one they are really pretty wood with a Rosewood end cap instead of black and they are made for the dangerous game calibers his name is Norman Robbins 845 679 3512
Numrich Gun Parts Corporation this was 6 or 8 years ago so I dont know if the contact info is correct

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross