Remington Model 8 35 Remington w/ Marbles Sight (take down)

TTundra

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA (Limpopo), USA , CAN
Here is a fun one. Remington Model 8 in 35 Remington (take down) with a Marbles rear sight. Who doesn't love the "Great Model 8"? This rifle was built in June of 1931. Stock has not been cut down and has the original buttplate. Comes with the Marbles rear sight, barrel rear sight removed and filler screws present. Wood condition is nice, but has some dings and marks and one area a little more so (pictured, front right forend). Previous owner at one point tried to spot treat some ares with cold blue, so there are a few spots of distortion, and some minor pitting under the repair blue job. There appears to be a possible crack at the rear of the tang, I cant get a finger nail in it, but it is a slightly darker mark that is not wood grain. All in all, its not a show stopper, but still a bear stopper. Functions perfectly and fires fine. Comes with 5 dummy 35 rem cartridges with rubber primers and about (10) 8mm Mauser stripper clips (they work for the 35 rem model 8s). I'm simply selling as Ive found a slightly better Model 8 that this will help pay for a portion of. If you know these rifles, they are getting a little harder to find as time goes on.

Due to the new laws, cashiers check or money order preferred, can also do a personal check and ship after it clears. Needs to go to FFL or C&R. Feel free to ask any questions.

Asking $850 + shipping. Will trade for a BLR 325WSM takedown (specific, I know)

8-1.png
8-2.png
8-3.png
8-4.png
8-5.png
8-6.png
8-7.png
8-8.png
8-9.png
8-10.png
8-11.png
8-13.png
8-12.png

Very cool!

Very cool!
That, Sir, is a real classic. My Dad had one when I was a kid in the 1950s and we hunted a lot with it. I don't remember what became of it and he got an 81. Didn't like it as much.

Love these old girls, all ours got chopped up a couple of years back & I now have a as new Lyman Peep like your Marbles that I can't use after spending years getting one !

Love these old girls, all ours got chopped up a couple of years back & I now have a as new Lyman Peep like your Marbles that I can't use after spending years getting one !
What a shame! Great government decisions “for the better good”?

Beautiful, I have never seen one. The receiver (specially the right side) looks very similar to what the AK-47 receiver looks like even the safety selector. I wonder if the Soviets used this rifle as a prototype?

Beautiful, I have never seen one. The receiver (specially the right side) looks very similar to what the AK-47 receiver looks like even the safety selector. I wonder if the Soviets used this rifle as a prototype?
Good observation. They do copy everything. Hugo Schmeisser was a slave laborer under Kalashnikov. It’s clear who designed the AK. I always thought Hugo took the best components of weapons he saw during the war and mixed them together in an affordable platform, the AK47. Basically a Sturmgewehr style weapon with an M1 Garand two lug bolt, MP44 style gas rod, and other good ideas stolen from various weapons. Of course cost and ease of production were top considerations. But it was the best of World War II technologies in one convenient, cheap package.

Another reason to thank John Browning!

Hot damn I would take this off your hands if I wasnt saving for ring and married life. Have one in 32 Remington I got for $450 and ever since I've wanted the whole set

I Love my Model 8 and my 325 WSM BLR. That 325 did wonderfully in Africa last year and everyone was flipping out about it being lever action instead of the bolt actions they are so used to seeing.

Legendary Texas Ranger Frank Hamer would approve of this rifle. He used a modified version of it (15 round mag) when he ended the crime spree of Bonnie and Clyde.
That is a subject of some dispute.
I have two of these rifles, one is a model 8 in Frank Hamers personal favorite round, the .25 Remington and the other is the later model 81 in .30 Remington.
There is a great book about Hamer's life called TEXAS RANGER by John Boessenecker, and the taking down of Bonnie and Clyde is covered.
The portrayal of Hamer in the 60's movie Bonnie and Clyde is ridiculous as "acted" by Denver Pyle.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 3.45.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 3.45.07 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
Here is a fun one. Remington Model 8 in 35 Remington (take down) with a Marbles rear sight. Who doesn't love the "Great Model 8"? This rifle was built in June of 1931. Stock has not been cut down and has the original buttplate. Comes with the Marbles rear sight, barrel rear sight removed and filler screws present. Wood condition is nice, but has some dings and marks and one area a little more so (pictured, front right forend). Previous owner at one point tried to spot treat some ares with cold blue, so there are a few spots of distortion, and some minor pitting under the repair blue job. There appears to be a possible crack at the rear of the tang, I cant get a finger nail in it, but it is a slightly darker mark that is not wood grain. All in all, its not a show stopper, but still a bear stopper. Functions perfectly and fires fine. Comes with 5 dummy 35 rem cartridges with rubber primers and about (10) 8mm Mauser stripper clips (they work for the 35 rem model 8s). I'm simply selling as Ive found a slightly better Model 8 that this will help pay for a portion of. If you know these rifles, they are getting a little harder to find as time goes on.

Due to the new laws, cashiers check or money order preferred, can also do a personal check and ship after it clears. Needs to go to FFL or C&R. Feel free to ask any questions.

Asking $850 + shipping. Will trade for a BLR 325WSM takedown (specific, I know)

View attachment 444939View attachment 444940View attachment 444941View attachment 444942View attachment 444943View attachment 444944View attachment 444945View attachment 444946View attachment 444947View attachment 444948View attachment 444949View attachment 444950View attachment 444951
What new laws do you refer to?

@sestoppelman new taxes for use on PP, Zelle, Venmo for anything over $600. Now, it seems there is gray area for calling it a "reimbursement" or selling at a loss. Either way, there will be more eyes on it.

@sestoppelman new taxes for use on PP, Zelle, Venmo for anything over $600. Now, it seems there is gray area for calling it a "reimbursement" or selling at a loss. Either way, there will be more eyes on it.

Thought that was just for business transactions, not private.

This is why it seems to be business.

The new rule results from the American Rescue Plan signed into law in March 2021 and will mainly impact business owners using third-party payment network providers. The IRS is cracking down on payments received through apps, such as Cash App, Zelle or Paypal to ensure those using the third-party payment networks are paying their fair share of taxes.

The IRS is cracking down on payments received through apps, such as Cash App, Zelle or Paypal to ensure those using the third-party payment networks are paying their fair share of taxes.

"Fair share"... theres a buzzword. Its not like we are taxed exhorbitantly on everything we purchase, sell or own already

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross