Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Reactions: BWH
That will happen when bullshit lawsuits from people who blame the gun not the a-hole behind it are ruled upon by courts that get jollies hurting the gun industry. The Freedom Group did very little to make Big Green successful again with the QA/QC issues they were having also. If this were an Automobile Mfg or a Bank it would be said they are to big to be allowed to fail. But as America’s oldest gun maker, politicians will just piss on the proverbial grave of Remington. Not that I support a bailout of any kind but there should be protection from lawsuits resulting from peoples improper actions with inanimate objects resulting in another party getting maimed at no fault of the manufacturers production of demanded product. And before it starts please spare me the Remington Trigger argument. How about not pointing a firearm at something you are not willing to destroy. Personal Accountability, no longer exists.

I am not surprised......

i have a friend who had his 1100 12ga auto double fire and was pissed off and said he would never own a remington firearm again. i ask him if i could have it to check it out. when i took the trigger group out it was full of gunk and no joke 10-15 number 8 shot pellets where lodged in it. after i cleaned it and assembled it i ran 100 trap loads thru it with out a bobble. when returning the shotgun i ask if i could see the shells he was useing(reloads) and the crimp was not completly closed allowing a few pellets to escape and some ended up in the trigger group.

i have a friend who had his 1100 12ga auto double fire and was pissed off and said he would never own a remington firearm again. i ask him if i could have it to check it out. when i took the trigger group out it was full of gunk and no joke 10-15 number 8 shot pellets where lodged in it. after i cleaned it and assembled it i ran 100 trap loads thru it with out a bobble. when returning the shotgun i ask if i could see the shells he was useing(reloads) and the crimp was not completly closed allowing a few pellets to escape and some ended up in the trigger group.
Quelle surprise! I once purchased a Krico .22lr sporter (that I should have kept). I removed the action from the stock, as part of my standard preshooting prep of a used rifle and found a .22 short cartridge caught up in the trigger mechanism.

That's a shame. I grew up with Remington firearms, and have owned many. Never had any problems with them. Haven't bought any Remington products in awhile. Maybe things have changed?

Sad news in sad times. It's a shame companies are being held responsible for individuals actions (Sandy Hook and the Bushmaster), rather than the actual person.

...a manufacturer of firearms that cannot survive in the US will not survive anywhere on this planet.

HWL

Didn’t Remington get sued for a mass shooting because a bushmaster AR 15 was used? That would make it hard for any company.

The "laywer Industry" destroys the firearms industry,.... or the automobile industry, oder the chemical industry, the agricultur, you name it..... this is possible in the US only.

This country does not need an enemy from outside....

HWL

I would be sad to see them go under as I grew up and live in remington country. Truth be told mismanagement will have as much blame as the lawyers.

They really cocked up the handgun products, rifles and ammo seem solid and I would have expected better.

I wonder what becomes of Dakota? They’ve been in a total mess since the Remington acquisition and now this!

They really cocked up the handgun products, rifles and ammo seem solid and I would have expected better.

About 3 years ago, I received a few Bass Pro gift cards for Christmas. One day, I went to the store in Bossier City, LA and ended buying a Remington R51 in 9mm. I had read a lot of reviews and given that and the really low price, less than $300, I consider this pistol a really good value.

Sad really is. An American icon company going bye bye. Absolutely frightening where this country is headed.

It is heart breaking to see such and iconic American brand get ran into the dirt. I know the lawsuits that have plagued Remington have hurt them badly, but I don’t think they are the primary contributor. Piss poor leadership, gross mismanagement, terrible decision making and overall stupidity can only end with a singular outcome.
Remington, AAC, Marlin, DPMS, Dakota... Any of these once highly successful brands flourishing under Freedom Group?

I do not know if it is true but I read somewhere that the Navaho Nation was in the process of purchasing Remington? I would think if that were true that the company would be better protected from the parasites.

Heard that too. Not sure if it’s true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88ak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,