Remington Custom Shop Safari Express 416 Remington Magnum

Proneshooter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Argentina, Zimbabwe x 3, South Africa, Wyoming, Montana, North & South Dakota, Texas
For sale is a very nice Remington Safari Express 416 Rem. Mag. All of these rifles, to my understanding came out of the Remington Custom Shop. Rifle is in very good condition, though there is one scratch on the trigger guard shown in the pictures. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. $975.00 shipped TYD, insurance and shipping to AK or HI would be more.
08qp40Cl.jpg

FBD0Jrll.jpg

C0hXhXfl.jpg

1cx3Fs4l.jpg

McoOhuil.jpg

SR3Eng9l.jpg

S6Cu2Vnl.jpg

djiqCQEl.jpg

Yes, before someone ask, it is a push feed......Its a Remington. I ran across one of these at my friend's shop a couple of years ago. The one he had for sale was a .375 HH. Since we didn't know much about it we contacted the Remington Custom Shop about it. If my memory is correct we found it was made in the late 80s and the original MSRP was in the low $2000s. (No promises on my memory). My point is for someone that wants to enter the 40 plus cal market, this is a $975 steal. If you hand load you can always download it until you get use to the recoil. Good luck to any potential buyers!

Reactions: jpg
@Proneshooter That is a heck of a deal for what looks like a very little used rifle. Shouldn't hang around for too long

No point in getting into the controlled feed versus push feed argument, but I’ll just say that gun functioning is a matter of proper operation of the gun more than anything else. There’s nothing wrong with the design of this rifle. If it’s an 80s custom shop gun, it’s solid. I prefer single shots, which I guess are controlled round feed, as long as I don’t drop the cartridge.

Very nice gun in a great caliber and a bargain to boot:)

Very good pricing for a very good fire arm. I never have come in to problems with push feed out of the box. Can't say about that about CRF. Unless it is a an expensive fire arm. Look at prime example CZ. YES with some work by gun smithing they can be perfected. It cost dollars. Just being original REMINGTON it should fetch more , as REMINGTON is no more. For me the timing is a little off, other wise I it would have been mine. For me it will be a collectors item. For one gun shooter it may be different.
STILL IT IS A GREAT BUY.
KRISH

@Treemantwo
Congratulations. It is a very fine buy. It will only go up in value and serve you well. Since I have two of those 416 remington I decided to let it go to some one else. Good luck with it.
Krish

For sale is a very nice Remington Safari Express 416 Rem. Mag. All of these rifles, to my understanding came out of the Remington Custom Shop. Rifle is in very good condition, though there is one scratch on the trigger guard shown in the pictures. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. $975.00 shipped TYD, insurance and shipping to AK or HI would be more.
08qp40Cl.jpg

FBD0Jrll.jpg

C0hXhXfl.jpg

1cx3Fs4l.jpg

McoOhuil.jpg

SR3Eng9l.jpg

S6Cu2Vnl.jpg

djiqCQEl.jpg
Available?? I'm interested

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross