Remington 770 beater rifles

Dang............that was a good move..................they probably shoot under an inch anyway............well done................FWB

20200902_151105.jpg

Can barely buy a box of ammo for $54!

Im going to guess my local Wal-Mart doesnt have the same deal going...

But Im sure going to check.. if so, I will literally buy every single one they have on hand.. and then drive to the next closest Wal-Mart to see if they have the same bargain..

Not a fan of much of anything Rem makes these days.. but $54 for ANY functional rifle cant be beat...

If nothing else, every young nephew, niece, etc I have... every friend that has a young kid, etc.. will get one for their birthday until I run out of them :)

About 20+ years ago I went to Wally to buy a box of ammo for my rifle. They had Winchester Supreme ammo. The kid behind the counter scanned the ammo and told me it was $4.75 a box. To make a long story short, I bought all their 30-06, 243, 308 & 270 ammo they had in stock. I want to say I walked out of there with about 150 bxs of ammo. :) It happens, just being there at the right time and day.

Wade J VanGinkel said:
I know these are really cheap entry level rifles. But just had to shout out my kids just bought 2 on clearance at wal mart with cheap scopes on them for $54 dollars each.
One in 270 and the other 308.
Regular price is $260
@ Wade J Van Ginkel
Mate at that price you stole them.
Bob

Well just a follow up on one of the $55 rifles.
The scope is extremely cheap with extremely short eye relief. The 270 literally broke my nose with the first shot. I sighted iit in carefully but replaced it with a old $200 leupold 3x9 I had at home a week later. The rifle shoots right at 1moa with cheap federal power shok 130gr.
My son's gf just completed her first hunt yesterday.
Took a doe on the first evening that I shared the picture in another thread.
And yesterday morning knocked down a nice 4x4 at 100 yards.
She had a couple failed stalks on smaller bucks due to inexperience but listened to all the advice I gave her and finished strong.
20200911_082044.jpeg
20201024_171933.jpeg
145928.jpeg
146029.jpeg

Cant blame the equipment for that nose job. Been there done that.

Strangely on this one the trigger is very good. No creep and breaks fairly light. Just guessing but between 3 and 4 lbs.
I was shooting off a bipod not holding the forearm. Eye relief was less than 2 inches. Touched my nose nearly every time.
It went in the trash quickly

I know these are really cheap entry level rifles. But just had to shout out my kids just bought 2 on clearance at wal mart with cheap scopes on them for $54 dollars each.
One in 270 and the other 308.
Regular price is $260
wow thats almost enough to make me want to go into a Walmart!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmieFletch

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg