Remington 722 parts

fiocchi

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hi Guys,
I've been lucky to find a Remington 722 in .222 in the UK. I absolute love this rifle! unfortunately due to the moderator/silencer epidemic that's sweeping this once great nation, the front sight has been removed to make way for a distasteful threading job (thank god retaining full original 26"'s of barrel!). Rear sight removed as well (bastards!).

I'm looking to bring it back to originality, which will require threading removal, re-crowning and fitting a front sight. Ok, barrel will lose 1/2", but I can live with it.

Does anyone HAVE and WILLING TO SELL an original front and/or rear sight for a 722 in .222? I know two places that sometimes sells them in the US, but they are not willing to sell/ship to me in the UK.

Also, if anyone knows the exact distance the front sight is set back from the muzzle, I'd love to know, and/or pictures closeup of an original crown and chamfer

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE :)

thanks again Gents!

I'll be hitting some gun shows here in the U.S. in the near future and so will keep an eye out for these parts. In the meantime, could you work out a deal with an AH member in the U.S. to buy them from the U.S. website and then ship them to you?

I have 3, 721's. I can photograph and measure sights on those if you wish.

Try this web site below, not sure if they export parts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 11.50.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 11.50.56 AM.png
    771.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 11.50.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 11.50.57 AM.png
    621 KB · Views: 48
Try this web site below, not sure if they export parts.

Thanks Para45, I'd love to see the muzzle to front sight set back length and what the muzzle chamfer and crown look like so I can have them re-cut correctly.

Unfortunately these guys don't ship to the UK :-( I'd love if an AH member would be willing to offer a paypal payment acceptance with view of acquiring part and shipping, but I realize few people would be willing to bother as it's really just a pain in their backside to help someone else out.

I'll be hitting some gun shows here in the U.S. in the near future and so will keep an eye out for these parts. In the meantime, could you work out a deal with an AH member in the U.S. to buy them from the U.S. website and then ship them to you?
Hey,

Oh, please do keep an eye out for the .222 722 front sights and rear dovetail. unlikely to pop up but you never know!

Thanks Bro!

Thanks Para45, I'd love to see the muzzle to front sight set back length and what the muzzle chamfer and crown look like so I can have them re-cut correctly.

Unfortunately these guys don't ship to the UK :-( I'd love if an AH member would be willing to offer a paypal payment acceptance with view of acquiring part and shipping, but I realize few people would be willing to bother as it's really just a pain in their backside to help someone else out.
There are legal issues too with anyone in the US shipping gun parts internationally.

There are legal issues too with anyone in the US shipping gun parts internationally.
only restricted items requiring an export license though, right? small parts, even cocking pieces, bolt shrouds, etc. are not restricted. barrels, actions, stocks (oddly), bolt bodies are. Not sure about firing pins, not restricted in the UK, but might be for US export. As far as I understand all other peripheral parts are not

I do!
Well, i sorta do.
I chopped the end off a 721 with the front sight blade & ramp still intact (its a soldered ramp, not screw mounted) & pulled off the dovetail rear with the elevator. These are from a '49 model in .30-06.
Yours for the cost of postage, if they're what you need.
The only difference I'm aware of is that the 721 was a long action, the 722 the short action. Everything else is identical.

Last edited:
I do!
Well, i sorta do.
I chopped the end off a 721 with the front sight blade & ramp still intact (its a soldered ramp, not screw mounted) & pulled off the dovetail rear with the elevator. These are from a '49 model in .30-06.
Yours for the cost of postage, if they're what you need.
The only difference I'm aware of is that the 721 was a long action, the 722 the short action. Everything else is identical.
My Man!!!!! thank you very much indeed!!!

can I send you a paypal payment and give you a US address to ship to (NH ZIP 03755)? let me know by Private Message and if so what I owe you please :) I'll chuck a little something on top for your efforts of course!

Hi Guys,
I've been lucky to find a Remington 722 in .222 in the UK. I absolute love this rifle! unfortunately due to the moderator/silencer epidemic that's sweeping this once great nation, the front sight has been removed to make way for a distasteful threading job (thank god retaining full original 26"'s of barrel!). Rear sight removed as well (bastards!).

I'm looking to bring it back to originality, which will require threading removal, re-crowning and fitting a front sight. Ok, barrel will lose 1/2", but I can live with it.

Does anyone HAVE and WILLING TO SELL an original front and/or rear sight for a 722 in .222? I know two places that sometimes sells them in the US, but they are not willing to sell/ship to me in the UK.

Also, if anyone knows the exact distance the front sight is set back from the muzzle, I'd love to know, and/or pictures closeup of an original crown and chamfer

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE :)

thanks again Gents!
@fiocchi
That's the problem with the US they won't export rifle parts, even something as simple as sights. Something to do with the company needing an export permit or some such rubbish. They don't want you building an illegal firearms from parts.
What I have done is get one of the members on the forum to purchase the item and send it to me as a gift. I do pay them for it but it negates the need to have an export permit.
Bob

@fiocchi
Don't underestimate the generosity of the people on this forum. I have have had members purchase stuff for me in the US and send it to me. I have done the same and sent hard to get items to the USA and England.
Bob

@375 Ruger Fan
I think it depends on the part. Things like handgun frames, slide and AR parts yes. Sights sent by a n individual I don't think creat an issue. I have had them sent to Australia without issue. I have had a barrel sent to Australia by Douglas barrels BUT it did have to go thru a third party and I need a B709 import for from our authority.
One of the big problems in getting some items is the sheer cost of postage.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!