Remington 700 375 H&H

Could chop it back to a 20 incher I guess, think handy..... ;-)

Good gun fir someone!

You know what they say ... there is a sucker born every day!

Reactions: BWH
Actually, I am really excited! With some job changes and the economy, it looks like the second Africa trip has been delayed ... but at least I now have a proper African rifle when I do go!

PS There are going to be some really big holes in some Texas white-tail in the meantime :)!

Congrats on the purchase, it's a fine firearm that needed a new owner, if I didn't own a sweet CZ, this rifle might have been mine.

Just picked up my new to me rifle at the FFL. There was a snowstorm in Michigan, a typo on the FFL phone number by me, and some generally slow response times by my local FFL ... but John was excellent to work with and should you see him posting any more guns, I can highly recommend him and his dedication to helping his friend!

THANKS!

A range report will follow under a different thread once it stops raining in Texas!

Good for you Scott.
I like my .375 for a deer gun.I use 235 softpoints.
My only complaint is that it is a bit loud.
Enjoy your 700.

I knew that I wanted a 700 when I bought a DG rifle. This is my fifth ... and other than being a bit lighter (7.8 lbs unloaded) in feels just like the first four 700s that I have owned. It shoulders well, the trigger is indistinguishable from the 300 WM I have hunted with for the past 7-8 years. I went into the closet and loaded and unloaded it in the dark ... it just feels like an old friend.

I couldn't find any of the 235s last week when I bought the gun, so I picked up 3 boxes of a relatively cheap 300 g from federal just to sight in and shoot some hogs this spring. I will have the 235s in place for deer season.

I am headed to the audiologist for my first odysee into hearing aids, I will let him know that I need some noise suppression!!!!

@Scott Slough

What federal ammo are you using for sighting in? From the searches I've done, I'm guessing by cheap you mean the boxes that are $47.99 versus the rest that are $62.99 and higher?

Yup, that's the ones .... $47.99 ... and I did say relatively cheap :)!

Haha (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross