Rem 700 bottom metal

Jamie D Van Roekel

Reaction score
I am starting to build a new rifle on a 700 Rem. short action and am looking to put a DBM on it. I am looking for advice as to which brand to buy, quality for price, and most important is smooth feeding as I had some problems in the past with a long action Seekings when building a RUM.

Any input would be appreciated.

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY

Clayton

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Member of
NRA: Patriot Life Endowment Member, 2nd Amendment Foundation: Life Member LA Shooting Association: Life Member, Gun Owners of America: Annual Member SW LA Rifle & Pistol Club: Annual Member
Might find what you need from D.D. Ross.

Areaonereal

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
PTG. Pacific Tool and Guage....great product,, great pricing...google it, call them ask for Dave Kiff, owner..he will take care of any questions.

Jamie D Van Roekel

Reaction score
Thank you for the input. I think I will give a call to PTG on Monday. It looks like the most likely candidate.

Also do any of these use a M-14 or AR-10 magazine?

MichaelTQS

AH member
Reaction score
Website
quietsurvivalist.com
Hunted
USA, Vermont, Wyoming , Arizona
CDI has done 3 rifles for me, all .308 which use the AICS magazine, and also work well with the ruger synthetic magazine as well as I believe the magpul? magazine. I'm not at home so I cant look at magazines but they are no longer $80 each like they were 5 years ago

CDI does good work, essentially the same bottom metal and function of the Badger metal for less money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LulaAlbrig

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh