Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member Sporting Shooters Association of Australia and Life Member NRA
Hunted
Indonesia and Australia
Hello,
Does anyone from Australia have suggestion where to find good quality unprimed .416 Rigby cases? Is it legal to order by post from the United States?
Thanks for any information because finding .416 Rigby ammo in Victoria is really difficult.

Hello,
Does anyone from Australia have suggestion where to find good quality unprimed .416 Rigby cases? Is it legal to order by post from the United States?
Thanks for any information because finding .416 Rigby ammo in Victoria is really difficult.
Northern Shooters Supplies has stock
Rebel Gun Works has stock
The Barn probably has stock

Even unprimed brass is covered by the Prohibited import regulations. However that just means you need to apply for an Application for Police Confirmation for the Importation of Firearms and Parts form B709A from your local state police firearms registry. You must have this BEFORE your good arrive in Australia. Best to apply and be granted a permit before you even place your order.

Be aware, that very few US dealers are set up, or willing, to export - to much paperwork and too many legal minefields. Graf & Sons is one dealer who will. For a small order it may not be cost effective as the US exporter has to spend money on paperwork and Commerce Dept exports fees. That may add a considerable amount to a small purchase.

Once your brass arrives in Australia, Border Force will seize it and send you a seizure notice with details of how to get it released. Normally means emailing the officer with details of your permit. They will respond and arrange for you to attend Border Force and produce the original B709A and collect your brass.

By and large the process is just mindless bureaucratic overeach, however it costs nothing but time. DON'T attempt to import without going through the process. Just not worth it. You'll be labelled as some form of international firearms trafficker and lose all you licences, guns etc. For a small quantity of brass its much easier to source locally if at all possible.

Thank you guys. I suppose at 50-100 meters .416 Rigby made by Bertram brass will be accurate enough. The reviews were rather mixed though. Thanks for the heads up regarding bureaucracy. Will get it locally. Going on safari with KMG next month.
Cheers,
Sjakon

Hi there

I'm in the UK and get a lot of stuff from Germany. I use www.reimer-johannsen.de

I've just done a quick search on '416 Rigby' and they have 130 things coming up.....including packs of 50 Norma cases (which they call 'sleeves') for 251EUR

The way to make it work is not try to buy online but email them. So I'll email them what I'm after, they then send an invoice which covers all their costs - which is just cost + shipping. I pay the invoice, they ship the goods.

If I order on a Monday I've usually got the goods by Saturday. I suspect Oz might take a little longer.

I've found them to be very good to deal with.

Hope that helps

FN

Thank you guys. I suppose at 50-100 meters .416 Rigby made by Bertram brass will be accurate enough. The reviews were rather mixed though. Thanks for the heads up regarding bureaucracy. Will get it locally. Going on safari with KMG next month.
Cheers,
Sjakon
Rebel has Hornady brass

Thank you Aussie Hunter. Will contact them. Appreciate the info Fabnosh but don’t want to cross the Australian authorities and risk my license.

Hello,
@Sjakon
Yes you can order from the USA. In NSW you just need a B709 form from the firearms registry.
The problem arises with the crazy American laws. They won't send anything firearms related to Australia. They're that stupid I couldn't even to get a set of high viz sights as they may be used in a rifle build.
You could try Brownells in Australia or make a lot of phone calls to gunshops as Nd see what you can do.
Bob

Thank you Bob

@Sjakon

Check SamHuntVic out of Melbourne, they are a Woodleigh supplier and can point you in the right direction..... Also I believe they are trying to be a big stockist of Woodleigh bullets in the Safari calibers.

Thank you deewayne2003 That is really great news. I checked and apparently the Woodleigh factory will start operating at the end of this year. .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg