Relive Taxidermy - Christmas in June to be delivered by Safari Specialty Importers!

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Almost here!!!!!

This is extra exciting to me as it includes two safaris worth of trophies dating back to August of 2014. To be clear, the choice to wait was totally mine. I decided to wait and have everything completed at once.

As others have said before me, Paul at Relive has been great to work with. When I wasn't 100% happy with something, it was changed and modified until I was happy. I received updates along the way allowing me to give feedback and ensure that we had the same ideas in mind. Some changes were made along the way. I say this to stress the importance of being involved with your taxidermy work. It is the only way to make sure you get what you want!

I've shared the progress pictures with some of you and the feedback has been great, especially on the buffalo. I'm also really, really pleased with my five little guys - all together on a pedestal. Paul did some other neat stuff as well, such as a cutout of Africa with skulls that can be seen in the crate. More pictures will follow once I get everything uncrated. Suffice it to say though that the plan now is to use Relive again in the future.

The shipping and import will be handled by SSI. Tara has been great and so far I'm very pleased. I'll use this thread to share the rest of the experience as well. Not having to deal with the stress of import was worth a little extra to me, and I'm hoping the savings in shipping will offset even that.

Can't wait!

taxidermy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
can't wait to see it unpacked , not as bad as you I suppose :)

You're more patient than I could be.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of it all hanging up. Those skulls look good like that to. My last batch from the last trip are getting crated up this week also. Paul is one of the good ones when it comes to each part of dealing with him.

My last crate ships soon and then I will be sending him down my next batch to be worked on. Can not see myself using anyone else in Africa for taxidermy service other then paul and relive

Sweet!! Exciting times, cant wait to see all the pics posted!

Almost here!!!!!

This is extra exciting to me as it includes two safaris worth of trophies dating back to August of 2014. To be clear, the choice to wait was totally mine. I decided to wait and have everything completed at once.

As others have said before me, Paul at Relive has been great to work with. When I wasn't 100% happy with something, it was changed and modified until I was happy. I received updates along the way allowing me to give feedback and ensure that we had the same ideas in mind. Some changes were made along the way. I say this to stress the importance of being involved with your taxidermy work. It is the only way to make sure you get what you want!

I've shared the progress pictures with some of you and the feedback has been great, especially on the buffalo. I'm also really, really pleased with my five little guys - all together on a pedestal. Paul did some other neat stuff as well, such as a cutout of Africa with skulls that can be seen in the crate. More pictures will follow once I get everything uncrated. Suffice it to say though that the plan now is to use Relive again in the future.

The shipping and import will be handled by SSI. Tara has been great and so far I'm very pleased. I'll use this thread to share the rest of the experience as well. Not having to deal with the stress of import was worth a little extra to me, and I'm hoping the savings in shipping will offset even that.

Can't wait!

View attachment 153366

Woohoo! - Walls, corners, rooms, and spouse all prepared for the new arrivals?

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like that crate will require it's own airline container.
I'll be interested to see how much volume that crate is when you get the weigh bill.
It would be an education to see just how many trophies have been fit into that space.

Glad for you Royal.

Royal will need to list what he has in the crate but I will tell you his crew gets the crating done well.

My crate was 8'long 4'high and 40" wide. It had a full mount lioness,ped eland,4 springbucks,orbi,2bushbuck.black wildebeest,2impala. 11 animals total and paul made his crew do the crate over when they made it to big the first time. He will not just spend your money on shipping by over sizing the crate to make it easy on themselves.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of it all hanging up. Those skulls look good like that to. My last batch from the last trip are getting crated up this week also. Paul is one of the good ones when it comes to each part of dealing with him.

My last crate ships soon and then I will be sending him down my next batch to be worked on. Can not see myself using anyone else in Africa for taxidermy service other then paul and relive

Agree Bill. Like I said I plan on using him again and will ship anything down from Limpopo this next trip.

Woohoo! - Walls, corners, rooms, and spouse all prepared for the new arrivals?

No sir, none of it sir! :) I still need to move furniture around and the wife believes that the buffalo looks great in Africa, and that it should stay there. :A Banana Sad:Ironically, the full mount porcupine she wanted. Go figure!

It looks like that crate will require it's own airline container.
I'll be interested to see how much volume that crate is when you get the weigh bill.
It would be an education to see just how many trophies have been fit into that space.

Glad for you Royal.

Thanks Wayne!

I'll have to post all of that information as there is a lot of stuff you can't even see... I have a couple of pedestals, including big one for buffalo, plus the hippo skull in there as well. So definitely some big and heavy items.... I really thought I'd have two crates.

I forgot about the hippo skull. You have the teeth on a plaque or still in the skull.

If your a brave enough man I think the buff should be in the corner of the bedroom. The hippo skull in the living room were all can see. No my divorce lawyer will not come to GA. after telling nancy my ideas so your on your own. LOL (y):whistle::A Happy Wave::A Outta:

I forgot about the hippo skull. You have the teeth on a plaque or still in the skull.

If your a brave enough man I think the buff should be in the corner of the bedroom. The hippo skull in the living room were all can see. No my divorce lawyer will not come to GA. after telling nancy my ideas so your on your own. LOL (y):whistle::A Happy Wave::A Outta:

Full skull - lost the very front part that holds in the top front teeth... NOT Paul's issue.... It was overboiled and sent to Paul in poor shape... :mad: I think it still turned out decent considering.

Skull is actually going in living room!!!! I still can't believe I got buff in house. If she had realized how big it was I probably wouldn't have!

Paul did a good job on my animals as well. Also on the flat skins that I had done.

Exciting time Royal! Can't wait to see it all on the wall.

The mounts look good, I really like that porcupine.

We just uncrated our mounts from Relive, received one year to the week from our last trip to the EC. Great work and unbelievable packing. The trucking co in the states ran a forklift thru one side, missing by inches any trophy, Lucky. Their packing arrangement is an art form, utilizing ever inch to save shipping cost......well done

The mounts look good, I really like that porcupine.

Thanks Eric!

More importantly Nancy likes him! Believe it or not, he is going in the kitchen if he fits in the space we have, her request. :A Banana:

Wait til you see the little five. I think they are stunning.

Their packing arrangement is an art form,

It is. I could do that as a retirement job. I enjoy that kind of thing. You just don't want me actually building the crate!

OK. Here is one teaser. My skull mounts. Paul has been wanting to try this and I was a willing guinea pig. I couldn't visualize it before it was finished so really had no idea what I'd think. I love it.

IMG-20160510-WA0001.jpg

The African shield is really neat....bd.

WOW! Nice shield with skull mounts, I'm admittedly jealous right now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!