Reintroduction from Texas

Bearkat

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa (Eastern Cape), USA (GA, LA, ME, MI, MS, NC, NH, SD, TX, VA)
Good morning AH! I originally joined back in 09 with the thought of going to SA in 11 or 12, which never materialized. Now, 13 years later, I am finally headed for my first safari! My brother-in-law and I will be hunting in the Eastern Cape this June for five days. Our hunt includes Springbuck, Blesbuck, Blue Wildebeest and our choice of an Impala, Mountain Reedbuck, or Copper Springbuck. I'm pretty sure I will want to hunt Kudu and a Warthog and maybe one or two others. This trip came up quickly, which didn't give me time to think about it and say "no". The plane tickets are purchased and were exited to get there! My wife and daughter are going to accompany us so I'll have a lot of great photos to share!

Congratulations! Have a wonderful time.

Congratulations on booking that first safari. Good luck. Will be watching for a hunt report on your return.

:S Welcome:

Congratulations on your first hunt, what outfitter are you going with?

As you know any questions fire away. I have two safari's in the Eastern Cape under my belt, and both were fantastic.

Giday Bearkat and welcome (back) to the A H forums.

Welcome.

Welcome Bearkat and well done on organising an African safari, you will certainly enjoy it.

:S Welcome: back to AH! We will enjoy stories and pics from your upcoming safari!

You all are in for a great trip!! Have you scheduled anything else beyond the 5 days of hunting? I would highly recommend adding some time for a trip to Kruger or some other sight seeing while you are there.

Its a long trip for only 5 days.

Hello Bearkat,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you back to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome back, look forward to your hunt report!

Going to the east cape you should have bushbuck and cape kudu on your list! Lots of other places to visit while you are there. . . I would want a waterbuck too. . . And zebra and . . .

Good morning AH! I originally joined back in 09 with the thought of going to SA in 11 or 12, which never materialized. Now, 13 years later, I am finally headed for my first safari! My brother-in-law and I will be hunting in the Eastern Cape this June for five days. Our hunt includes Springbuck, Blesbuck, Blue Wildebeest and our choice of an Impala, Mountain Reedbuck, or Copper Springbuck. I'm pretty sure I will want to hunt Kudu and a Warthog and maybe one or two others. This trip came up quickly, which didn't give me time to think about it and say "no". The plane tickets are purchased and were exited to get there! My wife and daughter are going to accompany us so I'll have a lot of great photos to share!
Welcome back to AH @Bearkat. I am so excited that you are finally getting to got to Africa....AND take your wife and daughter also. That is wonderful that you will all be experiencing the wonder of Africa for the first time together! You will make so many great memories. Enjoy every second and be sure to report back to us.

Sounds like a fun hunt! Welcome back to posting

That's great you are finally going! You need a black wildebeest and red hartebeest;)

Thank you all! We are hunting with Doornrivier Safaris. My brother-in-law purchased the hunt in Houston. I then had the opportunity to have dinner with the William and his wife a few days later. Great people and I am looking forward to seeing them again soon. We are arranging a couple other trips to Addo National part and the like.

There are so many incredible animals to choose from! I’d like them all, but I’m confident this won’t be my last trip to Africa.

Welcome back to AH Bearkat! All the best in your adventure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross