Reflex sights on CZ 550 and Bruno 602 Rifles

Scrumbag yes the guys had a ball of a time it was 2018 cause it was to be held this year at Darwin hosted every second year. They shot with us the week before the world champs and one of our BASA guys won the tournament.

Scrumbag yes the guys had a ball of a time it was 2018 cause it was to be held this year at Darwin hosted every second year. They shot with us the week before the world champs and one of our BASA guys won the tournament.

Oh great stuff!

@Frederik

The underside of the Recknagel QD mounts has a hole for a pin

BzPM4JL.jpg

Attachments

• BzPM4JL.jpg
    BzPM4JL.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 206
Last edited by a moderator:
What I dont like about the Recknagel QD mount is that it lifts the reflex or aimpoint and might be too high where you have to lift your head when shooting.
My goal was to get as close as possible to using it like open sights.

True...and you couldn't get lower than your setup. I added a stock pad to get my eye lined up where it needed to be.

It is actually supplied with a screw, where the head rests against the bridge. I used one to mount an aimpoint on a CZ 527.

Ah I have tried one on my CZ527 in .223 Rem once (then we got locked down for CV19) so haven't had much of a play. Didn't use the screw. Did you find it necessary to use the screw?

What I dont like about the Recknagel QD mount is that it lifts the reflex or aimpoint and might be too high where you have to lift your head when shooting.
My goal was to get as close as possible to using it like open sights.
I find that on my 9.3x62. The stock fits me well with the open sights but I need just a bit of lift to work well with the red dot.

yH7rTaC.jpg

Ah I have tried one on my CZ527 in .223 Rem once (then we got locked down for CV19) so haven't had much of a play. Didn't use the screw. Did you find it necessary to use the screw?

I used it just because it was supplied.

And actually, I think the screw goes in the end, not the bottom. I will look.

It goes on the end for the 527 size. Not enough room on the underside for a pin.

Some new feedback after shooting BASA competition again this weekend the sight and rifle is easily coming together and without too much effort is extremely fast to handle and firing accurately.

I came 2nd place this shoot only to the person who won the world big bore champs. Thinking, a few more shoots and everybody will hate me or change to a setup like mine.
We were just over 90 shooters for the day.

Ammo used is cheap Claw bullets non bonded 480gr Loaded witrh Norma 203B powder running at 2300fps.

Just to bring so more info on the post and goin through the older posts I see I have actually shot 180 rounds with the apex predator mount and the Trijicon SRO. The rilfe is stock standard without any modifications excpet for being cut into a lott. No recoil reducers and the mount stayed true throughout the time it was on the rifle.

There has also being a shift and change among members of BASA with a bunch of them also going over to reflex sight systems. With the Apex Predator Mount system there is no need for gunsmith to drill or tap if you have standard sights on the CZ550 or 602.

Our first BASA shoot for 2021 is 13 Feb if Covid will allow it as we are currently restricted to 50 max on gatherings lets hope we will be allowed to shoot.

Just to bring so more info on the post and goin through the older posts I see I have actually shot 180 rounds with the apex predator mount and the Trijicon SRO. The rilfe is stock standard without any modifications excpet for being cut into a lott. No recoil reducers and the mount stayed true throughout the time it was on the rifle.

There has also being a shift and change among members of BASA with a bunch of them also going over to reflex sight systems. With the Apex Predator Mount system there is no need for gunsmith to drill or tap if you have standard sights on the CZ550 or 602.

Our first BASA shoot for 2021 is 13 Feb if Covid will allow it as we are currently restricted to 50 max on gatherings lets hope we will be allowed to shoot.

Hi Frederik,

Up hear too we are seeing more and more people use red dot sights on their bigger rifles (Bigger than the usual ~243 - 30-06 class used for deer stalking). I think this is mainly due to driven boar trips becoming more popular with UK shooters.

Certainly the BSRC who play around with a big bore section are shooting more and more red dots rather than irons alone.

I just used standard QR rings for the CZ550 416Rigby and mounted an Aimpoint. Not as small as your sight Fredrick but it works very well indeed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 9.38.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 9.38.05 AM.png
    627 KB · Views: 154
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 9.38.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 9.38.06 AM.png
    547.3 KB · Views: 167
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 9.38.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 9.38.09 AM.png
    366.6 KB · Views: 157

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg